Are you treated differently???

Options
greenhumanclay
greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
Hey MFP's

Is anybody treated differently after having lost weight, reason why I ask is because I have noticed different treatment both good and bad with certain people , just curious if anyone else has had or is going through this issue, pretty frustrating but trying not to let it get to me... Thanks guys!!

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Not yet. Maybe after I lose another 50 I'll start getting even a first glance from guys.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I get the usual comment of my friends stating that I don't need to lose any more weight but other than that, I've been treated about the same. I'm pretty sure if I was more heavy from the start, there would've been a difference in how people behave around me.
  • xStellar
    xStellar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have been getting more positive attention. Not sure if it is from looking better or feeling better about myself.
  • AngelaAbbott391
    Options
    My boyfriend's mom says I need to stop and a lot of my friends tell me I'm getting too skinny. But I can't help but love how much more people like you when you're skinny. Sadly, fatter people don't get the same kind of attention.
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.

Random strangers now look me in the eye when I speak, are way nicer and even ask me for my number :smile:

Acquaintances usually want to know my "secret" for losing weight, and when I tell them they are visibly disappointed in my answer.

As for people that know me well, they're very complimentary!

So far I haven't encountered any real negatives.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I feel like I get a lot more positive attention from both men & women. I get hit on my men a whole lot more than I ever have and I feel like women are more willing to have a conversation with me now that I've lost nearly 70 lbs. I think a lot of it has to do with the confidence I have now, whereas before I was a lot more shy and hoped people wouldn't talk to me.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have seen positive responses from almost everyone, strangers and friends alike, but there has been a sort of backlash from a couple of my girl friends who seem to think I'm somehow getting in shape just to spite them or something. I try to talk them into working out with me when they complain but then they say how busy they are. I've only lost 5lbs so far but I think it's the confidence that comes across to other people that really makes the difference.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah so much so. I was invited to the VIP section this weekend. I know if I was where I used to be I wouldn't have been. Guys flirt with me now. It seems like so long since people actually flirted with me but I think this is also because I am more confident with myself. I don't shy away as I used to.
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    I definitely get a lot more positive compliments and questions as to what I've done. No secret just be accountable and move ur butt. I have had a few close people all females behaving differently some whom I wouldn't expect. I don't care about the guy attention I get enough from my BF but of course its flattering I feel more confident for sure and have worked hard but don't like people telling me I'm obsessed when clearly its not but I'm doing it for my self and lost 46 lbs and still have about 10-15lbs to go and feel amazing but others don't seem to be happy... letting it go.. thanks ladies and gents for reading and sharing ur thoughts!
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    I havent lost enough lately to know but I think as long as you focus on how far you've come & how great you feel/look who cares about other ppl. Ppl are always going to talk **** and sadly its the closes ppl to us that hurt us the most. Ive had family say some ****ed up stuff about my weight.
    I think you look great and Im proud that you'll be one of my beautiful bridesmaids!
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes, people act like I don't eat anymore.
    I have "friends" who have come up to me and said "hey wanna go out to lunch with us" and then they in include "oh sorry forgot you don't eat anymore"

Uhh, I don't think I'll be coming.
  • joshandstacy
    joshandstacy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's mom says I need to stop and a lot of my friends tell me I'm getting too skinny. But I can't help but love how much more people like you when you're skinny. Sadly, fatter people don't get the same kind of attention.

I don't know your situation so I don't know if your bf's mom and friends are right or not. Regardless, I do hope you find a new motivation for losing weight. Basing it off of gaining love and admiration is not good. You should be doing it to be healthy or for personal reasons not influenced by peer pressure. I also hope you have friends who would still love you and give you attention if you were fat.
  • benniexo
    Options
    well a couple years ago i was smaller, and i used to get alot of positive attention. i gained weighed and it stopped, and then lost most of it again and the positive attention is back. so i guess it does make a difference , ! :)
  • benniexo
    Options
    Yes, people act like I don't eat anymore.
    I have "friends" who have come up to me and said "hey wanna go out to lunch with us" and then they in include "oh sorry forgot you don't eat anymore"

Uhh, I don't think I'll be coming.

oh my gosh i hate this!!! my friends do this all the time:mad:
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I notice more looks from the guys ;)
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Thanks guys and especially Mari, the people you least expect treat differently but it's okay they can judge all they want. And I can't wait for your BIG day it's going to be awesome we can talk more about it or let us know any new info when I see ya next month!! I had my uncle ask me if I was sick lol I guess an odd compliment but ya!
    Positive comments are awesome but negative critique and judgement is unnecessary and not looking or caring too much for attention from dudes, don't go anywhere wheres to many men plus I work with ALL females... lol