Options
jhungate
jhungate Posts: 95 Member
I started my weight-loss/fitness journey about 18 months ago and now I am down 115 pounds and run 35-40 miles a week. Yesterday i ran my second 5k and finished in 25.13, 33 seconds better than my other time. I am training hard and have another event on 10/29 and believe I can break the 25 minute mark.

I feel great, no more meds for BP or cholesterol. There is no substitute for eating healthy and getting exercise. The other things i don't see mentioned here as often is a) get plenty of fluids, and b) get enough rest. I feel better than I have since I was 30 years old and my wife says I look it too.

Replies

• jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You are a superstar!!!!!!
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    congrats on all your hard work! :drinker:
  • claudia7777
    claudia7777 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are a miracle worker for yourself. How Great! Makes me feel so good when I see a young person start their lifestyle change at a young age. It is a lifetime journey. Good Luck when the times are easy and challenges happen. You will succeed, you already have.
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes, I have other pics on my profile. If i can do this, anyone can.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!