over 40 and feeling it

Options
Hello. After seeing success of a coworker who has used MFP I decided to check it out. I am over 45, menopausal and feeling every bit of it. I worry that I am doomed to a life of obesity because of my age and apparent lack of metabolism. I can honestly say that I am motivated by success and seeing a difference on the scale. I would love to connect with others over 40 who have had significant weight loss. I need you!

Replies

• addjkd
    addjkd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new here myself. A friend of mine lost over 60 lbs. I figured I would give it a try as well since nothing else has worked for me. (I have a hard time sticking to anything for a long period of time). I am 44, 45 in January and need to lose over 100 pounds. So, if you are interested, add me as a friend and we can do it together!
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Pushing 45 & feel ya'! Add me if you'd like. Shelli
  • scgma
    scgma Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am 48, have lost almost 40 lbs...feeling awesome!!!! meno has npo hold on me...yes, I do deal with the night sweats and hot flashes but I refuse to gain another pound !!! You can do it !!!
  • Denisem911
    Options
    Hi I am 52 and have lost 35 pounds so far since May 15, 2011. It has been slow but steady and I feel so much better. It has been hard and I do feel hungry sometimes but the benefits far outweigh the cons. I can shop in the ladies section now and I look so much better. I can play with my grand daughter and my blood pressure is lower. I still have another 40 to go but I am confident it will happen. I wish you much success. You can do it!!!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and a recovering fatguy but will be lighter soon and the secret to it all is friends. You can add me if you like but please read my disclaimer. Enjoy the ride! Also since I have so much faith in this system you need to take before pictures and hold on to them for when your ready to show the world the new you.
  • HawaiianTx
    HawaiianTx Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Moy66,
    I'm a male 49 I don't thing * pounds would be significant, but I wanted to say Hi and welcome to the site anyway.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm 49yrs and since 2002, when I was about 42yrs, I have lost a total of 80lbs.....I started out with WW's, Curves, Tae Bo, walking, strength/toning and now Zumba as well...I also instruct Zumba classes.....
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    my best friend lost 35 lbs over the summer just by working a physically demanding job, and she looks and feels great. she is 48. she has a flat belly and is getting flirtations from her daughter's guy friends. age doesn't have to limit you. she's 11 years older than I am and I'd love to have the energy she has regained!
  • peaceinside
    Options
    hello Moy,
    I am 48, just ended my 6th week with a 10 pound loss and 5% fat loss! you can do it! add me if you'd like.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, not menopausal but because of the changes I have made these last 6 months I feel better than I have in many, many years!!! Welcome to MFP and to the journey!!! Friend me if you'd like!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 54 and post-menopausal. I have lost 23 pounds since August 7th, my birthday. Age has lessto do with this than you think. My daughter has a good friend who is at least five years older than me. She runs marathons and probably weighs 110. She lost quite a bit of weight on her own before she started the whole marathon thing. She really vibrant and looks younger than me because she is fit and healthy. It's my goal to do the same.
  • _Sonia_
    _Sonia_ Posts: 40
    Options
    45 here! I've lost 31 lbs so far, starting in spring (watching portions, walking/running, and yoga/pilates). It can be done!