breaking through plateau?

Options
I've been bouncing around in this 4 pound range now for over 2 weeks. I'm being as honest as I can about water, exercise and food, but I don't really know what to look for in my diary that might be holding the weight on. I'm eating under my calorie goalevery day, exercising regularly, and drinking my water??? What the heck??? This is where I get stuck - third time I've tried to lose this weight over the past 2 years - and it's very discouraging.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions!

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    ur fine. a plateu is much longer then 2 weeks.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    ur fine. a plateu is much longer then 2 weeks.

I agree. Also, a plateau means that the scale isn't moving at all. Your diary isn't public so we can't look to see if there is anything that perhaps could be adjusted. Also, you may want to try some HIIT for exercise to see if that makes a difference.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bouncing around like that for a couple of weeks..more than likely water weight....and that comes and goes daily...
    if you plateau like I did, 5 weeks long at the same weight, scale never moved! I ended up Calorie Cycling or what they call Zig-zagging....in the middle of the third week, the weight started coming back off...

So give yourself a bit more than 2 weeks of up and down weight to consider it a plateau....
  • adrianneboyd
    adrianneboyd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've found that switching up my daily snacks and meals and trying new excersises keeps my body guessing and I move out of the plateau! Good luck!
  • Twa0979
    Options
    I broke my last plateau with a three day Juice fast... Lots of Kale/Spinach Juice.

I dropped 4 pounds in three days and its still coming off fast now that I am back on food.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Recently posted this to another thread, but it bears repeating:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been bouncing around in this 4 pound range now for over 2 weeks. I'm being as honest as I can about water, exercise and food, but I don't really know what to look for in my diary that might be holding the weight on. I'm eating under my calorie goalevery day, exercising regularly, and drinking my water??? What the heck??? This is where I get stuck - third time I've tried to lose this weight over the past 2 years - and it's very discouraging.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions!

Have you tried taking measurements, and seeing if you've lost inches within the past 2 weeks that you've been active? Do you know what ratio in macros(fats/carbs/protein) your consuming?

Like some have said a plateau will definitely last longer than 2 weeks. Just be patient, continue with eating at a calorie deficit. You might want to make changes in your meals or macros if you go weeks or months longer without progress. Everyone can plow through a plateau, that's when your patience becomes challenged and time is what you are waiting for. Once you make minor changes in diet, then your body will respond differently ultimately effecting your weight loss. Don't be discouraged, just be patience, continue asking questions. We are all here to help one another and motivate each other.
  • fit443
    fit443 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That sounds interesting...can you explain zigzagging for me in tiny little words that make sense to total fitness amateurs?
  • fit443
    fit443 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the ratio of my macros is...I know that most days I have carbs left, my protein is usually over, and my fat is close to the mfp suggested levels. Is that bad? I'm not very good at the science of all this yet.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? So many times around here, people will stop losing weight because they aren't eating enough. How far under your cal goal are you each day? Try keeping it within 100 calories over or under and see if that helps.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I sent you a message.....
  • simonem1979
    Options
    just hang in there and don't give up, but if after a month you still not losing, try to eat at the recommended calorie intake. sometimes not eating enough can be bad for your weightloss cause your metabolism slows down.