I got Laid off work..and gained weigt already!!!

Options
I got laid off from a stressfull and horrible job that I had worked for over 3 years. Even though i hated the job I cant help but feel a bit sad....I dont know if its the depression or the boredom but i have already gained some weight... urhg! i am so frustrated !!

Can anyone recommend a good work out DVD. I would go to a GYM but money is tight right now.

Thanks ALL :)

Replies

• yadiraj82
    yadiraj82 Posts: 23
    Options
    I got laid off from a stressfull and horrible job that I had worked for over 3 years. Even though i hated the job I cant help but feel a bit sad....I dont know if its the depression or the boredom but i have already gained some weight... urhg! i am so frustrated !!

Can anyone recommend a good work out DVD. I would go to a GYM but money is tight right now.

Thanks ALL :)
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Hi Sorry you got laid off. Take good care. Wishing you success in seeking a better job. Yoga Journal's yoga makes me feel strong calm and centered.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that your life is in transition, but only because it is causing you stress... remember always that sometimes it is in the transitions that we grow the most as people (but that does not mean we have to grow literally:wink: )

I completely agree with mfpme, yoga would be a great way to start. You can download guided practices for your iPod from iTunes (for free) and there a lot of instructors out there who provide additional instructions for beginners while you are learning the poses.

I really dislike workout videos, but my little sister swears by Billy Blank's TaeBo series. You can get a whole set on ebay for pretty reasonable.

Good luck and don't worry, your body is just temporarily responding to the change. The key is to not let yourself sink into "temporary response mode" full time.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    you can get videos from the library- change it up- Turbo Jam is awesome as well as the Biggest Loser. Good luck and sorry about losing your job. Everytime you feel like eating because you are sitting around or stressing about your situation-go for a walk it helps to clear your head and not reaching for something you didn't need.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Walking & running are free (except for shoes) I find nothing is a better stress reliever than getting outside.
    Sorry about the job. Hope you find something else.:flowerforyou:
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I know how you feel, I was out of work for a year and I felt the same way.

I will pass on this site to you, it has free full-length online workout videos: exercisetv.tv

Also, if you already have Netflix, don't forget they they too have workout DVDs and videos you can stream through your computer.

Other than that, Goodwill and the public library are always a good place to browse for exercise DVDs.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • yadiraj82
    yadiraj82 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thank you all for your help and support :)
  • amy49
    amy49 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sorry u got laid off. Stay possitive. stress will do that to u