the hardest "last 20 pounds"

Options
anyone have any good tips or suggestions to work towards this ? besides working out of course, but what would be some ideal foods to be eating to get to this weight without so much difficulty

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    More protein - lean meats, greek yogurt, protein shakes, avocad, quinoa, nuts

Lets processed carbs - white bread, pancakes, waffles, fast food, chips

Make sure you have your goals set correctly -- and if you only need to lose 20, you should choose to lose 1/2 lb a week.

If you exercise, eat at least half of your exercise calories back - if not all of them.
  • benniexo
    Options
    thankyou!
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    definately eat more! Up your calorie intake to maintanance for a week or two. Still eat healthy good for you food...just more of it. Then after a week or two, cut your calories back to lose 1/2 lb per week and you will see the scales move again. You will be amazed at the difference this will make. I did this this week....I stopped all exercise and ate at maintenance calories. Today I saw a 1/2 lb loss! I haven't even returned to exercising yet.

You need to reset your metablolism in order to get off a plateau.

I am not a doctor, trainer or anything with legit knowledge! I'm just sharing what has worked for me!

Good luck!
  • Tinyturtle88
    Options
    1) Drink 2 more glasses of water per day than you normally drink 2) Since you're supposed to eat several small meals a day, switch it up for only 2 days-Eat as the other post suggested, stick to lean proteins and veggies but eat only every 4 hours. If you do that already, extend it another half hour to 45 minutes. You will feel just a little hunger pang which will help you drink the extra water. Then after 2 days, you will see the jump off of your plateau and should give you the boost you need for the rest. Hope this works as well for you :) and good luck!
  • slippymcgee
    Options
    Wow- all good suggestions. I have been struggling with the last 10 pounds, too. Good tips- thanks!