Air popped popcorn

Options
Every saturday evening and often sundays as well we enjoy a movie and popcorn, air-popped. I use pam spray and a bit of popcorn butter (the kind to sprinkle for flavor) I often have a larger portion of this popcorn and I'm curious if this is okay because of the way I prepare it.

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    It's just fine. They have some Pam-like popcorn butter spray now that's zero calories. It's what I used (before I got braces..now I'm not supposed to have it at all :grumble: )
  • kcnjason
    kcnjason Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Eating the larger amount of popcorn is more of a concern of mine than the popccorn spray butter and seasoning. I feel like I should only be eating 2-3 cups and I think we end up making 4-5 ccups of air popped popccorn, one for my husband and one for myself.
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Im not a fan of popcorn flavoring, but love popcorn.

I put vinegar in a spray bottle, and spray vinegar on with a little sea salt. I love it, and like it better then buttered popcorn. I have it many nights!!!!
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Im not a fan of popcorn flavoring, but love popcorn.

I put vinegar in a spray bottle, and spray vinegar on with a little sea salt. I love it, and like it better then buttered popcorn. I have it many nights!!!!

Popcorn is a weakness of mine. I'm going to have to try it your way! What kind of vinegar do you prefer?
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    ^ I've only used white vinegar. Havent really thought of using any other kind.

I looked it up as to how good/bad vinegar is for you, as I do eat popcorn quite a bit. And All I could find is, its not good if you "drink" tons... I only do a few sprays, so I think its safe!
  • kcnjason
    kcnjason Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I measured out the amount of popcorn we pop for our weekend popcorn. It measured approximately 6 cups but other than higher carbs, the calories are very low, about 130 calories but I only use pan spray butter flavor and some popcorn butter seasoning, very flavorful but low calorie and low fat. My husband drowns his in popcorn oil but I can enjoy mine a lot more if I don't add all of the fat.
  • jenswwjourney
    Options
    spray w/ pam and sprinkle on some old bay seasoning :) love it!!! we are from Maryland so we might be bias though ;-)
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I eat a crazy amount of air-popped popcorn, usually plain or with garlic powder. And this isn't any legit proof, but my old neighbors used to replace a meal a day (with some exceptions, of course) with popcorn for decades and they're now in their early 90s and still swim laps every day! So, it hasn't HURT them. But do what feels good to your body.