I know they're bad, but.....

Options
I love Mickey Dee fries and McChickens!!! I know fast food is bad for you, but every once in a blue moon it's okay right???

Replies

• JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    I think so that is just me. The other day i had an experience that has McD's off my list for sure. Now BK, Sonic and Wendys that is a different case lol
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! The fries are my fave! I usually do it at most once a month. The more you wait, the better it tastes! LOL
  • mavers1
    mavers1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @hoyagirl03 really? for me the longer i wait the worse mcds taste to me. It's weird. I love just a plain cheeseburger from there though.
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    Mcdonalds fries are the BEST
    and McChickens are to DIE for
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I always sample my kids stuff from there when they are done and I am on the way to the trash can..........If I am walking while I am eating those calories dont count...........
  • Clovisimo
    Clovisimo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's a cliche for a reason (because cliches tend to be true)...everything in moderation=)

I'm not expert, but in my humble opinion, getting the "dollar menu" mcchicken and small fries every now and again isn't the end of the world. Just keep within your calorie count for the day, and have them for lunch on a "big exercise" day.

I've got to say, though, that the longer I'm "off" fast food, the less appealing it is to me. Maybe you'll find that one day too!!
  • JacMarieSTL
    JacMarieSTL Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100+lbs eating fast food in moderation. Taco Bell, Chick Fil A and McD being my favs. Every now and then its OK. Promise. Key word, moderation. :-)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while, sure, in my opinion. I had a Happy Meal a week or so ago and managed to lose 2 pounds, so it can be done!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    once in a GREAT while i need a double quarter pounder with cheese. then i lay on my living room floor hoping i don't die for a couple hours and i'm good on McD's for a long while again haha
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    If I am walking while I am eating those calories dont count...........

i LIKE the way you think!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I still have my McD's too. I get the fries only occasionally now though even though I love them. My go-to meal there lately is a McDouble, a side salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing, and a diet Dr. Pepper. Grand total Calories: 445.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I haven't had McDonalds since I started MFP 2 months ago. I love their fries. I wonder if I'll still like them:ohwell:
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It's important to allow yourself a reward to help motivate the reasons behind good eating and exercise. By completely abstaining from junk food and anything high in calories, you run the risk of extreme binging after a prolonged diet regime.

The key is moderation. I treat myself to one 'bad meal' a week, something like a chocolate milkshake or some rows of chocolate, every Sunday. Nothing too high in calories, but enough to keep my 'bad food spirit' sated :P
  • zeranity2
    Options
    once in a GREAT while i need a double quarter pounder with cheese. then i lay on my living room floor hoping i don't die for a couple hours and i'm good on McD's for a long while again haha

LOL I do this too :)
  • karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Whew! I haven't had Mickey Dees in a while, but after seeing an ad I'm craving their fries badly! They're my weakness, but I shall abstain from junk food until after Halloween and then I'll treat myself to a McChicken mini meal. Yummmmm! :D
  • aurorasangel2000
    Options
    Yay!!! I'm glad to hear that other people eat a few bad things here and there too :-) Lol... I know that if I denied myself ALL of the things I like, that aren't necessarily healthy, there's NO WAY I'd stick with my plan. Again, moderation is the key. I've found that eating an entire big burger from places is almost impossible at one time now. I either do the smaller options, like, a junior bacon cheeseburger, or, I'll only do half at a time. I only do the french fries when I REALLY want them, though. Most of the time, they have as many, if not more, calories as the sandwich you have with them!!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I love Mickey Dee fries and McChickens!!! I know fast food is bad for you, but every once in a blue moon it's okay right???

everything and anything is ok in moderation!!! I take a cheat meal of whatever I want once/week, and I don't seem to be having any probs! what it DOES do for you, is it prevents frequent unplanned binges, and falling off the horse every other day!!!

Just be sure to get some healthy foods for you cals for the most part, and go enjoy those nuggets and fries on occassion too!
  • rimandro
    rimandro Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'll play devils advocate and say cut McDonalds out completely. It tastes good eating it but I bet you feel guilty and not physically well afterwards. Fast food can be an addiction and it is best to not have an addiction in moderation. I'm not saying you're addicted but I believe there are other foods other than McDonalds fries and chicken that you can be bad about, especially if you knew what McDonalds put in their chicken nuggets.