Stuck. Weight isn't going anywhere

Options
I've been using MFP for 40 days now and dropped 11lbs pretty quickly but now appear to be stuck. Nothing has come off in about two weeks. My calorie intake are within the limits and lots of exercise (running) is happening.

I'm open to solutions / suggestions to keep the lbs dropping off. Is there something I am missing?

Replies

• Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Just be patient, it will happen!!!
  • poloplayer76
    Options
    i am in the same boat n very frustrated - im scared i may put the weight back on
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough, drinking enough water, sleeping enough. Some people have to watch their macros (carbs, protein, sugar) very closely - perhaps you need to watch those? Just keep going. You didn't put the weight on in 40 days, you can't expect it to be gone in 40 days. Slow and steady weight loss is a recipe for success. Be patient!
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    Have you tried varying the amount of exercise you do each day? (I was doing the same average each week but daily my exercise was very similar day to day.) Upped the exercise a LOT twice/three times a week.

Drinking loads of water.

Lowering salt intake.

Dunno if this is your 'problem' but it's helped me!
  • Brandi_Lee
    Options
    Make sure you drink your water, it happened to me too and it was because i wasn't drinking all my water.
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that I tend to not lose weight if I eat junk food even if I do not go over my calories. I tend to only lose weight if I drink tons of water and eat healthy calories. Not sure why...
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed so I can't see what your diet looks like but if you are running you are probably acquiring a lot of calories from exercise. I found when I started eating all my calories I started losing faster. Usually people start out on this sight and have been used to going hungry. You will lose more if you don't .
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    Its normal for weight loss to kind of plateau sometimes...What kinds of exercising are you doing? I would recommend switching it up a lot to "confuse" your muscles....I have a couple of friends that are personal trainers that recommended doing that..Good luck :)
  • Mdfreeman
    Mdfreeman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have you tried varying the amount of exercise you do each day? (I was doing the same average each week but daily my exercise was very similar day to day.) Upped the exercise a LOT twice/three times a week.

Running two to three days per week (M-W-F) between 15 and 20kms per week and walking usually other days.
    Drinking loads of water.

Lowering salt intake.

Water doing well. Salt often tops out on the 2500mg - surprising where the salt hides.
  • Mdfreeman
    Options
    Your diary is closed

I'll open it up for a few days if you want to take a look.
  • Mdfreeman
    Options
    I have noticed that I tend to not lose weight if I eat junk food even if I do not go over my calories.

Doing "OK" and not eating much junk food but there is always a little spot for chocolate in the day :)
  • kayleeblue
    Options
    Make sure you measure yourself...then when the scale is your enemy the tape measure can be your friend..Also recommend lifting weights. You need to use those muscles so they burn the fat. I was at a plateau for 7 weeks and now am just starting to lose again. Good Luck!
  • Mdfreeman
    Options
    Open the diary with a psscode "4444"
  • Mdfreeman
    Options
    Make sure you measure yourself.

Good reminder. Did that this morning and lost a number of inches all over since original measurements...then when the scale is your enemy the tape measure can be your friend.
    Also recommend lifting weights. You need to use those muscles so they burn the fat. I was at a plateau for 7 weeks and now am just starting to lose again. Good Luck!

Yes. Using weights. Something I need to add into the mix. Have to check out the gym and using there space if I start bike commuting a few days a week so weights might be coming my way too.
  • bluecal822
    bluecal822 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Try adjusting your calories. They don't automatically go down when you lose weight.
  • Mdfreeman
    Options
    Try adjusting your calories. They don't automatically go down when you lose weight.

Thanks! MFP seemed to be doing a fine job of updating as I went but I went in My Home / Goals and clicked on Change Goals at the bottom and it updated my calories, reducing me by 20 calories/day.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Two things to try. One is increasing your amount of liquid you have in a day. Second is try zig zagging your diet. I find this is the best way to break a plateau