Getting Started...oh boy!

Options
Hey Everyone!
I think it's about time I get a little more serious about using this great resource. I've been on my "get healthy" journey since last year. I'm a college "super senior" aka my fifth year in school. I am graduating this coming spring and can NOT wait. Last summer I weighed in just above 180. I don't remember the exact number because I was too ashamed to admit to myself or anyone else how much I actually weighed. So i've been estimating around 180 but I know it was more like 185. Anyway, I knew I needed to change. I studied abroad for a semester in France. Where overweight people seem to be nonexistent. But over there I was walking everywhere and even though I didn't have a scale I knew I was losing weight. And ever since I've just been keeping up with the motivation to keep that number down. This morning I was 165.4 and my mini goal is to be 155 by Christmas. That is when I'll be seeing a good chunk of my family. And that is a totally realistic goal for myself. I think :/ I guess we shall see. But I just wanted to say HI to everyone. I think the community you all have created is fantastic and really helpful to those who need the support. like me :) So I thank you. And hopefully I can stay motivated to continue logging and using MFP.

Replies

• cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Heyy! Welcome

No way, my sw is 165 and I wanna be 150 by xmas!!!

Let's race to get those pounds off and look stunning by the holidays! Sending you a friend request...
  • squirrlyscb
    Options
    Hello Everyone

I'm trying to lose weight to be able to have kids. I want to be healthier and happier and have mroe confedence in myself. I am looking for the support people here to be able to keep going . hope everyone one is able to reach there goals....

thanks
    Shirley
  • sujakash
    Options
    hello everyone,

i certainly need to lose my fats at my tummy. after my c section, its so hard to lose it.....any advice pls help.....and looking for ppl who can motivate me as well.