Protein

Options
I have no problem with the carbs and the fats but i eat to much protein everyday.

Replies

• ekgstr
    ekgstr Posts: 21
    Options
    I have no problem with the carbs and the fats but i eat to much protein everyday.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    This topic comes up from time to time on here....

The settings on this program seem to be a little bit low for protein, and many people go over. I think if you are eating a balanced meal with veg and complex carbs, and hitting your calories, you should be fine.
    :flowerforyou:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    You really can't eat too much protein*. Okay, technically you can, but you'd have to eat an amazing amount of protein. In one study, people consumed 2.8 g of protein for every kg of body weight and were fine. So if you weigh 150, that's almost 200 g of protein a day!

I wish I could put in my grams for protein, carbs and fats that I aim on here for instead of using the percentages. I can't get exactly what I want with the percentages. :grumble: Of course, The Daily Plate, won't let you adjust this at all so MFP is a big improvement in that regard.

(*Obviously, if you have some sort of health condition that makes it hard for you to process protein, this doesn't apply. But most people don't.)
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    i always go over, especially with chicken. i went over 87 grams. so no worries :)
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I always go over on sugar. Between my coffee creamer (mmm) and the little square of dark chocolate (mmmmm) it's all she wrote. But sometimes I go over when it's a banana or other fruit, so it doesn't worry me as much.