Need someone to help kick my *kitten* in motion..

Options
I'm a full-time student from 8 am - 2 pm and then I work full time monday through Friday 3 pm to 10 pm, and every other saturday 8 am to 3 pm. So my weekdays are busy, and I don't have much time to exercise. I weigh about 165 and I want to be 145 to 135 by January, is this possible? I'm reaching out to you guys because I need help, I need tips, ideas, and things to help let me know what to eat, how to exercise and what to do to accomplish this with my busy work and school schedule? I need at home workouts I can do every day etc, If you will help please I am desperate.

Replies

• Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Keep within your calorie goals set by MFP. Get in what exercise you can when you can be it a walk or just generally being more active in day to day life.

Thats it, the weight will come off. There is a tendancy to over complicate things on here.
  • sebrat
    sebrat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey, I feel your pain. But if you do the little things (like park farther away, chair dance when your on the web, etc...) you will drop the weight.
  • gailashton
    Options
    I think it's just easier to get up in the morning earlier and get some exercise in, then it's done, no excuses. You could in reality lose that 20 pounds by then, but it takes hard work and dedication. I joined a biggest loser group locally for the first 10 weeks and dropped close to 27 pounds and 6 inches off my waist alone; 1 class a week was exercise and the other nutrition, but the rest of the time I was on my own. I walk a lot, run a little and do lots of other activities. Get a yoga ball that's right for your height, some bands, and maybe some weighted balls. You can get them at TJ-Maxx or even Walmart really cheap, go on line to look up some core exercises to do while your watching TV. Set the time aside for you at least 5 days a week. The 1st 2 weeks is the hardest, but once you get into a routine, you're golden. You can do it if you really want it! : )
  • voodoomoocow
    voodoomoocow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey, we weigh the same and have the same goal weight, so feel free to add me if you need some encouragement.

My advice is:
    1. drink lots of water,
    2. try waking up a little earlier and getting in a 15 minute speed walk. When you get home, do another 15 minute speed walk.
    3. When you're sitting down in class, flex and relax your stomach for as long as you can, simulating crunches. When your stomach gets tired, do the same with your calves and any other muscles that are covered.
    4. Any excuse to walk or bike somewhere instead of using a car is useful.
    5. 5-10 minutes of jumprope whenever you think of it will add up.
    6. If you drink coffee, start drinking it black. It will speed up your metabolism and only add on 2 calories.
    7. put a package of raw almonds in your backpack. Make sure every two hours to eat about 8 almonds to keep your metabolism working all day, except when you're having a meal. It'll give you energy all day, too.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    What is something active that you love to do? You should be doing something for yourself regardless of whether you want to lose weight, gain weight, stay the same-you need exercise and balance. I am a full time nursing student and I work part time. The work load we have is tremendous. Over the past 4 years I have gotten more and more out of shape-finally this year I said enough of that, because when I don't exercise I spiral into feeling miserable etc etc and now I am very unhealthy. So-don't let this happen to you! Find something that you love and make it priority in your life!

Park farther away and walk, or just walk all the way if possible (or ride a bike-better for when you're pressed for time!) Or if you don't have time to bike all the way, put your bike on/in your car, and drive partway and then bike. Does your university have a gym? Lots of schools have free or VERY cheap gym memberships for students-go work out for 20min at lunch. Or come to school 30min earlier and work out or bike around campus.

As for foods, here's a great cheap/easy blog. She has quite a few slow cooker recipes-great for students! budgetbytes.blogspot.com

Your school may even have free consults with personal trainers.

As for what to eat and when-no one can tell you that. Do some research about calories and nutrients in foods, especially ones you eat a lot of. Be conscious of what you're eating-eat things with nutrition! I am gluten free so I don't really eat like a normal person, but stuff that I find is easy on the run are rice cakes with almond butter and jam, apples with almond butter, cottage cheese, veggie sticks, nut crackers with cheese, handful of almonds, or slice almonds in yogurt.

Also, figure out what time works best for you to work out-I am a bit of a weirdo and have the most energy around 9-11pm so often somewhere in that time range I exercise.