**CLOSED** New Year, New You Week 2 Mini-Challenge

Options
Thanks to jodiratfliff for this week's mini challenge!

The weather outside is absolutely gorgeous right now. The leaves are changing colors and their is a slight chill in the air. How many of us are getting out and enjoying it?

The challenge for the week is to spend some time logging miles/minutes with Mother Nature. You can pick how you do it. You can walk, run, jog outside or take your children or pets to the park for some quality running around and climbing on the jungle gym. It's up to you! The key is to enjoy a little quality time with the great outdoors before it starts to get too cold!

How will you do it?

Have a wonderful week!

Replies

• mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I will be taking my kids on a walk outside for 3.1 miles!
  • jodiratliff
    Options
    I am going to walk down to a local park that is on the river. It is so motivating that 1/2 way through my workout I get to see Mother Nature at her finest with all the trees changing colors on the river! This route is 3.36 miles!
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out lol... can I bike ride? does this count in getting miles in? riding is easier than walking for me
    think I am going to ride down to the gym about 2km and see about joining... then ride back 2 km UPHILL it is beautiful out today here in Gaitneau, Quebec
  • melianne125
    melianne125 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Love my outside walks! Did 3.3 miles yesterday :) It's still quite warm here but 85 isnt as bad as it was this summer. Cant wait for the leaves to start changing.
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I have been walking 2 to 2- 1/2 miles a day for the last few weeks so this week I plan on stepping that up and doing some jogging/running.. Have a great Monday everyone!!
  • skinee4life
    skinee4life Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am going to take my runs outside. The weather here in beautiful Alberta is starting to dip to -2 degrees (C) so it is going to definitely be a bit brisk! Oh well, good motivation to run/walk faster!!

Have a great week :heart:
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend I discovered some fantastic trails not to far from my house! I'll be walking those each evening with my husband! Here's hoping I can get his butt movin' to come with me! lol :) Good Luck this week everyone!!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Love love love this challenge for fall time :)
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I will be getting a few walks in at lunch time - not sure when as we have high wind warnings today and rain for the rest of the week. Oh well, a little water never hurt anyone.
  • vegasaims
    vegasaims Posts: 128
    Options
    I'll be taking my nightly walks with my dog outside. I am also thinking about taking my afterschool class outside for some "nature walks" for some science lessons. Woo Hoo!
  • Trillian73
    Trillian73 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I will be walking on my lunch breaks on the nice trail by the water...whenever it's not raining. I had a miserable day Friday sitting at my desk all wet from my walk in the rain. :p I go about 3 miles when I can get out there.
  • JMcElrath23
    JMcElrath23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I will take my kids to the park and farm! We will have a blast!
  • samantha0176
    samantha0176 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    the forcast is not great here...lots of rain...but hopefully we can go on tuesday and thursday for a walk during karate class....but i have no idea how many miles it will be :( we can do a 30-40min walk....walking well..now sure how fast a 7yo feels like walking..sometimes he is in the mood and can keep up, other times he is soo slow...i have to walk and wait, walk and wait....*sigh* i guess i could jog in place while waiting :o)
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I will go for a walk at lunch, I'm lucky enough to work by an urban park and have a few trails to choose from. I'm going to try to do a different one each day.
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Just got a pedometer and think I will take some after-dinner strolls with my dog and son. That way we can all get out and enjoy Mother Nature- and I can get some miles in too! LOL
  • Keiora
    Keiora Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The boyfriend and I used to take nightly walks, I think I'm going to start dragging him out for those again... I *LOVE* walking in Autumn weather! <3
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    No problem!! I am soo looking forward to finally being able to take walks with my daughter in the afternoon (when I get off work early that is)! After 100+ heat for the last few months I'm so ready for the cooldown!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I did 4 miles with Leslie this morning. I'm going to walk the pups when I get home, should be about another 1.5 miles. I have been practicing jogging when I take them for walks. Not good at it, but it's a process!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I am really going to try to take D for a walk. Hopefully the weather cooperates.
  • shellfey
    Options
    I would love to connect with others that are trying to complete this challenge. Please add me as a friend if you are interested. Thank you... Shelley