Music-how does it touch you?

arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I just heard "Leaving on a Jet Plane" and cried. :cry:

I was sitting in the car the other day when a song came on the radio, and I can SMELL the perfume my friend was wearing that day we heard Benny and the Jets for the 1st time.:smokin:

If I am in a bad mood, music will lift me up.:happy:

If I dont feel like working out, I make sure I have great music in my Iphone and BAMM I am moving! :bigsmile:

At the gym yesterday I didnt have my music, but when I heard Hey Yah on the overhead, I HAD to run!! :laugh:

How does music "move" you?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• arewethereyet

I was sitting in the car the other day when a song came on the radio, and I can SMELL the perfume my friend was wearing that day we heard Benny and the Jets for the 1st time.:smokin:

If I dont feel like working out, I make sure I have great music in my Iphone and BAMM I am moving! :bigsmile:

At the gym yesterday I didnt have my music, but when I heard Hey Yah on the overhead, I HAD to run!! :laugh:

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    my boyfriend doesn't get why I listen to "sad" music. But its a good way to get emotions out.

I can't not dance when I hear micheal Jackson or the spice girls

I am one of those crazy people dancing to the music in their heads
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member

The song that gets me up and moving is Raise Me Up by Josh Groban.Beautiful music and wonderful inspirational lyrics.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    "step out the front door like a ghost into the fog where no one notices the

contrast of white on white.

and in between the moon and you the angels get a better view of the crumbling

difference between wrong and right. "

"Round Here" by Counting Crows

I go on kicks with what I listen to and lately it is Counting Crows.
    I can listen to "Round Here" and get several different feelings depending on my mood,,,,I like it
  • yadiraj82
    yadiraj82 Posts: 23
    I feel the same way you do:)

Music has the ability to make us feel so many emotions..

Every time I hear "por ti volare" by Andre Bocelli I cry like a baby :)
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the counting crows, missed them when they were here, stupid work! :grumble:
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member

I can listen to "Round Here" and get several different feelings depending on my mood,,,,I like it

I know exactly what you mean about Counting Crows - I always go back to them.

Time and Time Again - Counting Crows

"So when are you coming home, sweet angel?"
    You leaving me alone? All alone?
    Well, if I'm drowning darling, you'll come down this way on your own."

Another one that really moves me - Life Without You by Stevie Ray Vaughn

"Life without you
    All the love you passed my way
    The angels have waited for so long
    Now they have their way
    Take your place."
  • arewethereyet
    I feel the same way you do:)

Music has the ability to make us feel so many emotions..

Every time I hear "por ti volare" by Andre Bocelli I cry like a baby :)

Oh I LOVE Andrea! la voce de silencio makes me cry......dont even know what he is saying. It is more to do with his lovely voice.
  • arewethereyet

I know exactly what you mean about Counting Crows - I always go back to them.

Time and Time Again - Counting Crows

"So when are you coming home, sweet angel?"
    You leaving me alone? All alone?
    Well, if I'm drowning darling, you'll come down this way on your own."

Another one that really moves me - Life Without You by Stevie Ray Vaughn

"Life without you
    All the love you passed my way
    The angels have waited for so long
    Now they have their way
    Take your place."

just listened to a clip on Itunes...........so mournful:cry:
  • arewethereyet

The song that gets me up and moving is Raise Me Up by Josh Groban.Beautiful music and wonderful inspirational lyrics.

love it!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Music is such a 'bookmark' in life! Some songs bring me up, others bring me down, some relax me and some rev me up. I don't think I could pick one song that moves me, because lots of 'em do.
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    I love all kinds of music. It is funny how a song will bring you back in time (bad or good times). My daughter is going through a break up:cry: and is listening to Taylor Swifts new break up:cry: songs I hope it helps her get through this.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I can't hear Wooly Bully without thinking of my mother. I often get a tear! (It's a fun song but she died in 2000 and it was one of those songs that she couldn't sit there if it came on..she had to dance!)

You Raise Me Up also touches me

I love classical music as well and several pieces usually tug at my heart. Mahler's 5th Sympony is especially touching to me.

I have sung Stand By Me to my son since he was a newborn. It seemed to calm him somehow. Now he can sing along with me! :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    I can't hear Wooly Bully without thinking of my mother. I often get a tear! (It's a fun song but she died in 2000 and it was one of those songs that she couldn't sit there if it came on..she had to dance!)

I love classical music as well and several pieces usually tug at my heart. Mahler's 5th Sympony is especially touching to me.

I have sung Stand By Me to my son since he was a newborn. It seemed to calm him somehow. Now he can sing along with me! :heart:

My mom and I danced to La Bamba. My son was 4 and he would sing.."blalalablablamba" and my mom would laugh till she cried. I hear that song and sing along..........just like that!!
  • TamTastic
    Ohhhh and let's just say I can't listen to Ravel's Bolero without..............well..........feeling "frisky"

:glasses:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Ohhhh and let's just say I can't listen to Ravel's Bolero without..............well..........feeling "frisky"

:glasses:

I can feel "frisky" listening to a garbage truck; or a freight train and Counting Crows
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member

Isn't it funny the songs we sing to our kids? I love that. I have always sung "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd to my son. Now he's almost 15 and we both love that song. I made him promise me that if he ever gets married he'll dance with me to that song :smile:
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member

Isn't it funny the songs we sing to our kids? I love that. I have always sung "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd to my son. Now he's almost 15 and we both love that song. I made him promise me that if he ever gets married he'll dance with me to that song :smile:

My brother got married a few years ago and Simple Man was the song him and my mom danced to, they didnt use the skynrd version though, i think the one they used was hank williams jr., it was a little slower and easier to dance to.
  • TamTastic

I know. I just sang it one night and it really seemed to soothe him and even if we'd be out at a store and he was fussy, I would sing it softly and he would stop crying and listen. And then over time I just liked singing it and knowing that he could always associate that song with me. Especially if Heaven forbid something were to happen to me, I thought it could comfort him.

Sappy mommy moments you know!! :cry:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    just downloaded Bruce springsteen: Fever
This discussion has been closed.