New Friends in UK :)

katielouise24
katielouise24 Posts: 36
edited October 3 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone, I joined MFP a week ago and it's absolutely fabulous.

I'm 24 and not exactly overweight, 5 foot 4" and a current weight of 11 stone 9p.

I use to have such an active childhood dancing but stopped about 6 years ago (Yet carried on with the huge appetite I had to keep me going in my younger days) Slowly my toned body and turned a chubby and I've put on about 2 stone, which isn't bad but as you get older, that can increase quite easily!

I'm not unhappy with my body and have started taking running seriously this past year with various 10k's and love love love bootcamp military style exercise but despite getting fitter, I haven't lost any pounds or chubbness - this must be down to my food because I love it and could probably eat for England! I eat healthy and cook my own meals, but I just eat so much after being brought up on eating meals the same size as my dad and brother - It's a habit I find hard to shift!

I tried MFP for a week it made me realised how much of a big appetite I have and what I consume (No wonder I can't shift anything) So I started fresh and will continue to keep an eye on what I eat, change a few bad habits and see if that works.

It's great to have a focus and hopefully get rid of the stubborn belly :P

I'd love to make friends here, I love to cook so would like to share receipes and tips.

Katie-Lou xx

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    I'm not in the Uk but I'm in Europe and love to cook too! Sending a request your way!
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Same here but moving back to good old Blighty next month! Berkshire to be more precise. Happy MFPing!
  • Jen_ht
    Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
    Join Team UK! Its a great way to get new friends all over the UK, search in the motivation forum (I think)

Your story sounds exactly like my reason for joining MFP - used to be fit and now at a desk job and no time for exercise and snacking is deadly! Good luck with acheiving your goals and have a great monday!

Adding you now...
  • Hi Katie Lou,
    I live in London and have been on MFP for almost a month. I think it is brilliant as well. I am having a difficult time with the curbing of the eating but it is getting easier. I have some nice recipes I can send your way too. :)
    Mel :)
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Hey Katie Lou. Londoner here
    joined about a month ago and I love to cook and bake - sugar is my biggest downfall but i am trying to make one decision better than the last every time, go for quality over quantity and try new exercise
    I am currently addicted to hula hooping and pole dancing and I am trying parkour.

feel free to add.
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Hi Katie-Lou

It is a great site and you'll find it very useful!
    I'm from Sheffield, friend request on the way!

Di
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    I'm live in Hertfordshire, like cooking and have a big appetite. I bulk my meals up with vegetables to fill me up. Luckily I love vegetables.Have sent you a Friend request :flowerforyou:
  • mgba
    mgba Posts: 6 Member
    Hi there, i'm new to MFP too...i live on the borders of Lincoln, whereabouts are you? Becca x
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Welcome to MFP... I live in Hampshire/Surrey area :-)

xx
  • Thank you everyone, your all so kind!
    Have messaged/accepted requests and will look forward to chatting to you
    Kt-Lou x
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Hi Katie, from Buckinghamshire. loads of ukers on here. MFP is a great place with loads of mutual support.
This discussion has been closed.