zumba??

Options
Have u tried zumba?? What were your results and do u still do it??

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    love me some zumba! it's fun, and i burn anywhere between 550 and 650 calories per hour on my heart rate monitor, but i add a lot of jumps in. you can modify like crazy if you need to, there's always a way to build in a breather if your tired, and you can vary your moves however you want to. it's more of a dance class than a workout - not that you have to be a good dancer (because i'm certainly not!), but the atmosphere of the class. i highly recommend it!
  • laceyface22
    laceyface22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    zumba is great its the fastest hour of my day! any other class i take i find myself checking the clock to see how much longer i have till its over but not in zumba it flies by. give it a try its a blast
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Its a terrific class! I love it, I burn a lot of calories and it goes VERY quickly. The environment supports you if you can do everything well or if you have a hard time keeping up with any of it! The first time I did it, I was working too hard and had to slow myself up cause my heart was beating so hard! I was working hard and didn't even know it because I was having so much fun! I love it every time, every teacher has a different style and its a great workout :D

If you don't have a HRM, you can even use this for entering calories burned into MFP.
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • amymaria91
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for quite a while now, I really enjoy it. It's such a good laugh at my class cause no one takes it too seriously and if you can't quite do the move then you just make up your own thing! The time seems to go very quickly cause it's a bunch of different songs.

I'd recommend it, you really feel like you've got your money's worth as it's a great work out
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba, its a great workout and burns lots of cals depending on your effort but even at a low impact you would burn alot I'm sure....
  • louisyanna
    louisyanna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have tried it a few times and I did really enjoy it the first couple of times but then it seemed to get a bit repetitive keep doing the same routines. Also I didn't really find it an intense enough work out for me. However I went with a friend and she found it a good way of getting into the habit of working out.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

1) yes
    2) I suck. picture drunk, stoned, blind ape trying to roller skate. that's me.
    3) yes. been going for almost a month now 2x a week @ YMCA.

300+ lbs 6'3 tall man in a class with 1-2 other guys and the rest of the class 20-30 ladies. I try to remember and not look at the mirrored walls. or I get self-conscious and suck more. :blushing:
  • SBrewer1984
    Options
    Lmao!! Gd for you for sticking with it...
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Id love to try this,I have a tv channel that's zumba,hmmm I guess I should check it out. :smooched:
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have tried zumba and its really good fun!! :bigsmile:
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options

1) yes
    2) I suck. picture drunk, stoned, blind ape trying to roller skate. that's me.
    3) yes. been going for almost a month now 2x a week @ YMCA.

300+ lbs 6'3 tall man in a class with 1-2 other guys and the rest of the class 20-30 ladies. I try to remember and not look at the mirrored walls. or I get self-conscious and suck more. :blushing:

you're my hero! i'm bringing my husband to a three hour zumbathon on friday - we'll see how that pans out for him...!
  • MrsFusion
    MrsFusion Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've been taking a Z class for about 1.5 months now. I really like it! I'm not a dancer at all...but, I really enjoy the class. It's helped my lose 7.5 pds. I do it 3 days a week and sometimes at home also.

Zumba Love!
  • cstilleku
    Options
    I'm trying a class tonight for the first time....I'm excited but kinda nervous. I've done it at home on the PS3 but never in front of a group of people. Should be super fun and embarrassing at the same time. I've got to get my motivation going again though so I'm hoping a FUN class will do the trick!