Lara Bars....

Options
I have wanted to try these bars for sometime... They are supposed to be extremely healthy, natural, and tasty.... They are normally close to $2 a bar... However... they were on sale!!!! I was soooo excited! $1 a bar! ... I bought several different flavors....
what I've noticed so far is that the flavors all kind of taste the same...
Do you like Lara Bars? If so what is your favorite flavor?

Replies

• hbfoley
    hbfoley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten them but my mother loves the lemon flavor. Apparently it is very different from the other flavors.
  • Anweena
    Anweena Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love Lara bars because they have no added anything in them....just usually dates and nuts and thats about it. I like the coconut one, the peanut butter ones.....well, pretty much any one that I've tried I have enjoyed :-) Because there is nothing artificial in them, they do kind of taste similar. The flavours are subtle, but that is another reason I like them.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOVE Lara Bars. My favorite flavors are Peanut Butter Choc Chip and Cashew Cookie.
    You're right... a lot of the flavors do taste similar. But what I like about them is the cakey texture. Yum!
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    I make my own. You can google Larabars and find recipes for homemade ones. I use my smallest scoop to make them into balls about the size of a walnut and store them in the fridge. I also substituted apricots for the dates in one of the recipes with oatmeal. they are yummy. I added dark cocoa powder, peanut butter and coconut to some. The way I make them they are between 65 - 70 calories for one ball. Good luck.
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options
    I make my own. You can google Larabars and find recipes for homemade ones. I use my smallest scoop to make them into balls about the size of a walnut and store them in the fridge. I also substituted apricots for the dates in one of the recipes with oatmeal. they are yummy. I added dark cocoa powder, peanut butter and coconut to some. The way I make them they are between 65 - 70 calories for one ball. Good luck.

Thank you so much for this idea!
  • mrrodriguez
    Options
    One of my MFP friends turned me on to Lara Bars and I like them, especially the Lemon. As someone else already said they are all natural, with no chemicals of any kind. They keep well too, and I can see them especially helpful on a long run, bike ride or hike. Clif Bars are good too. I like the Oatmeal/raisin.
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Haven't had them,but for a buck i'll eat card board lol some of the stuff taste like it anyway( smile)
    My daughter just turned me on to the Luna bars and im in love....white chocolate macadamia
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I love them because they are basically just fruits and nuts. All the other bars out there usually have sugar and so many unnatural ingredients and fillers. And they taste good too. Just get them on sale. They are a little on the small side and not worth more than $1, in my opinion.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Coconut cream pie and peanut butter cookie are my favorites!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I like the cherry pie, peanut butter and jelly, and the coconut cream pie ones the best out of the ones I have had so far.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    totally LOVE them! I like the chocolate coconut, jocolat & peanut butter cookie...nummmmm!
  • chicklet846
    Options
    I love the cashew cookie and chocolate chip cookie dough flavors! yum!