I was wondering this as well.
  • reese1206
    reese1206 Posts: 229
    Options
    How do you post pics in this thread?
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I have a mini tummy tuck scheduled in a few weeks. I have had 2 c sections and too much extra skin! The difference between the two, if I understand correctly, is that with a mini tummy tuck, the belly button is not replaced. They are able to use my c section incision sight but make it a little longer. For the full tummy tuck, I believe the incision is higher, from hip to hip and the belly button is relocated. This is how it was explained to me when I went in for my consultation. I will post before and after pics when the time comes!! I can't wait, I've been wanting to do this for 3 years!!!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have a mini tummy tuck scheduled in a few weeks. I have had 2 c sections and too much extra skin! The difference between the two, if I understand correctly, is that with a mini tummy tuck, the belly button is not replaced. They are able to use my c section incision sight but make it a little longer. For the full tummy tuck, I believe the incision is higher, from hip to hip and the belly button is relocated. This is how it was explained to me when I went in for my consultation. I will post before and after pics when the time comes!! I can't wait, I've been wanting to do this for 3 years!!!

Oh wow, I'd love to see the photo's!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I've had a mini tummy tuck. I was very pleased. I already had a scar from having c-sects, but the tummy tuck scar is a bit longer. I had excess skin and a lot of scar tissue. I got down to 105 lbs and still had that pooch going on and finally realized with research that because I am so small anyways and had children a bit later in life and so close together that my skin wasn't able to go back to its normal state and a mini tuck was the only way to get rid of it.

Update: One more thing....because I am small, I didn't need the full tummy tuck.

what is mini vs full tummy tuck?

Mini is where they just cut along the bikini line about 8 inches. They cut away any extra skin and just pull and stitch. It all depends on how much skin you have and how far apart your ab muscles were stretched.
    The full one is where they cut along the bikini line as well as up to your belly button. Then they stitch your ab muscles together closer. Down time is very long compared to the mini tuck.
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 376 Member
    Options

Good luck on your procedure. I plan on having one done when I reach my goal weight. I'm also considering a boob job since I seem to have lost them.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I had one 6 years ago...I would do it all again! After 5 children, my stomach was horrible...now it is still flat and smooth. My scar line is hip bone to hip bone and is not very pretty, I didn't heal well, not from a surgery issue, just a healing issue. It can be hidden under a bathing suit as long as the bottoms arent' "string bikini" bottoms...but at 43, my string bikini bottom days are over anyway :). I do wear 2 piece bathing suits, just ones with a higher bottom. My belly button was re-done...that scar healed fine

Even with that I would still do it all again, and evenr with some weight gain, my stomach remains flat...

If I had a choice, I would do it all again. research your dr well, and ask for patient references.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options

Good luck on your procedure. I plan on having one done when I reach my goal weight. I'm also considering a boob job since I seem to have lost them.

Thank you!! I'm not too worried about recovery because I've had 2 c sections and recovered quickly and very well. But I am a little anxious about getting the results I want. I will definitely post pics though! I wanted boobs too but the hubby is not for them. Oh well, guess I continue using a good push up bra :happy:
  • vlj1008
    vlj1008 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just had a full tummy tuck back in March and I love it - I lost a total of 125lbs plus 2 c-sections so u know there was alot hanging. Going back in November for a revision of the belly button and removal of the flanks. Still have my stress marks but the fact that I wear pants without it looking like I have another butt in front is awesome!! Love it!!