New and a total quitter please help!

Options
Hi everyone,

I started last week but never really got into it until I took the time today to look properly and fill out the profile bits etc. I am looking for some friends to help motivate and encourage me as I am my own worst enemy I quit every diet I start. I have no will power at all !
I think perhaps if I have some friends here I will want to come on and encourage them and that may encourage me to do well. I want to lose 84lbs (6 stone). I have no set timescale or goals as yet. :happy:

Replies

• artvandelay85
    Options
    I'm just starting also and how I'm getting through is. Last week I weighed myself 5lbs down in the week then today I was up 2 lbs. I took 5 steps forward and 2 steps back but I'm still going in the right direction.
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP
    I too have 6 stone+ to lose and find this site really helpful and supportive, I'd love to support you on your journey and vice versa so add me if you like!
    You should definitley read the success stories, they are really motivating :flowerforyou:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Don't let the 2 lbs. bother you. Keep working at it. Be realistic, much of the 5 lbs. lost was water and you gained a few lbs. of water back, no biggy! good luck!
  • jenrc123
    Options
    It can be difficult to stay motivated when you are first beginning, but you can do it. This program is really more a way of life than a diet- gradually changing the way you behave with regards to exercise and food consumption. You may not see changes at first, or like desertjedi85 said, you may lose/gain and get discouraged. The important thing to remember is that by changing your habits, you can become a much healthier and fit person than you would be otherwise. Keep your head up and take baby steps, and you will undoubtedly reach your goals.
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Girl...let this be a new start in life...get of the roller coaster and shoot for the stars.
    Always here, southernsister
  • amandal15
    amandal15 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you! I have 27 pounds to lose...and I always start then don't follow through. Off to add you as a friend.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Don't look at this as a diet....it is a lifestyle change!!! You can do this!
  • moyster183
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I really will try. Some of your pictures are amazing !! Well done x I do hope this will be me one day!
  • msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You came to the RIGHT Place, Who Better to understand? Than People who are all in the Same Boat, MFP is the Best Place to learn and Make Friends to help you threw your Journey, You are Welcome to Add me!