Skin Issues

Options
So.....since I've been going to the gym my face has been breaking out. As soon as I leave the gym I wipe my face and chest with Oxy pads.. but yet my chin keeps breaking out .. I was just wondering if there was anyone else with the similar problem? And if anyone has some tricks?

I might just spend the extra time washing my face before I leave, but I hate bringing a bag into the gym....

Any tips or tricks welcome :)

Replies

• thordisintho
    thordisintho Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Do you wear make-up to the gym?
    You might be sweating with your make-up on and that makes your skin break out?
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    My face has been breaking out more too since I started working out more and losing weight.... and mostly in my chin. I thought it was weird too. I don't have any suggestions, but I've been doing the same thing - washing my face after a work out.
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    do you use some face lotion once you clean your face?

sometimes we breakout cause we clean our face too much and dont put the moisture back in our skin...try using the Oxy then use just a little face moisturiser with an SPF in it...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Maybe something a little more gentle than the oxy pads, like a regular makeup removal wipe. Sometimes the stronger treatments dry out the skin, which causes it to produce MORE oil, which causes more breakouts, which causes you to use more Oxy, which dries it out more, which... :wink:
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    Oxy pads are one of the worst things you can use on your skin. I suggest using a natural cleanser (Avalon Organics is my personal fav) and just wash your face after your workout, and of course at night before bed. dont scrub....if you want exfoliation, don't overdo it, it irritates ur skin and causes more breakouts. blot your face dry (don't wipe) after you wash it with a natural cleanser, and use a towel you haven't used on your hair or for anything else.

for exfoliation, I use the "Yes to Tomatoes" line scrub. and I do it 1-2 times a week. every other time I use Avalon Organics and I have had MUCH better results with these than any "acne treatment" ever gave me.
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem, it seemed to be only on my chin too. After workouts I'd wash my face with soap then I would clean it with T.N. ****inson's Witch Hazel. Since doing this I have no more break outs. Hope this helps.
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have been breaking out more since working out too, mine is on my shoulders and in my hair line. I just try to shower within 30 min to a hour of working out. While I cant offer you a fix, I might be able to suggest a reason. By changing your workout habits, you are producing more hormones flowing through your body, sweating more, and getting rid of the pollutants in your blood. Good luck with your cure. Maybe you should try a more natural/less abrassive cleanser.
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I recently read in a fitness magazine that it is really helpful to smooth on a thin layer of a Salicylic Acid 5% product just before workouts on your acne prone areas. They recommended putting it anywhere from your back to your chest to your hairline and entire face, so pretty much wherever you are having issues... I started doing this last month on my face (and I have bad skin, cystic acne) and it has really, really helped. For the most part, I do still wash my face as soon after as I can, but for the most part it is not immediately after, as I normally use the time right after working out to do some errands. Hope our suggestions help!
  • loved11
    loved11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing I agree its the pollutants. Our body flushes out toxins through the sweat. I have started taking a vitamin called Hair, skin,nails I got from Walmart
    Its working wonders and lots and lots of water, it flushes out toxins. Hope this helps