Ideas for chicken??

Options
I'm in a food rut....I need ideas for chicken! I've had grilled chicken and salad or baked chicken with roasted veggies so many times already....any other ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    cook chicken breast strips in a chinese sauce something like hoysin and garlic, shred some lettuce, chopped onion and cucumber, add to a flour tortilla wrap with some salsa and enjoy, my lot put chese with theirs but i hold off on it, but its still scrumptious.
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    Mmm!

Piri piri sauce,

or pour some tinned tomatoes over the cheek & great some cheese over it - easy & yummy!
  • JoyfulSparkle
    Options
    Change up your marinade, from lemon juice and worcestershire sauce, to the store bought,Kkraft italian salad dressing, or even the Landry's Asian marinades... completely changes the feel of the meal from an Italian Primavera, to an Asian stir-fry!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Chicken tacos

Grilled Chicken in a pita bread with Tzatziki yogurt and cucumbers

...lots of idea for chicken
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    bump I need some diff recipes for chicken too!
  • kathyhaf1
    Options
    I bake or grill chicken and use it for low fat tacos or enchiladas.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    How about:

Low cal chicken parmagiana - Grill the chicken then top with a couple of tablespoons of tomato pasta sauce (or chopped tomatoes) and a little reduced fat cheese and bake until melted

Honey mustard chicken pasta - Poach or boil the chicken then separate it with a fork. Add to a frypan with some veg, reduced fat evaporated milk, a little honey or maple syrup and some seeded mustard and serve with pasta

Chicken pho - Boil chicken and veg in chicken stock mixed with a little lime juice, fish sauce and soy sauce and a couple of star anise if you have them on hand. Add cooked rice noodles to serve.

Chicken roll ups - beat out the chicken breast with a mallet then roll it around grilled capsicum (pepper) and fetta cheese and tie with string. Fry in small amount of oil and cut the roll into slices to serve
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Shred your chicken, cook some rice, blend all together with some salsa and light sour cream. Place mixture in a casserole dish. Top with 1/4 cup shredded cheddar and bake until cheese is melted. I call it Fiesta Chicken and Rice. Very yummy, but watch the sodium.
  • goquiltersgo
    goquiltersgo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did up some chicken breats with maple pecan coating last night in the oven and they were devine. I got the reciope off the back of a Panko bread crumbs box. It took 20 minutes and they were sooo good.
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    there is a wonderful recipe on the forum for crockpot chicken and pineapple that I am going to be trying later this week, its dead simple, soy sauce, tinned pineapple and chicken breasts with optional crushed red pepper to give it a bit of extra kick. I'm going to add bell peppers, mushrooms, onions and baby corn to mine as well.
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I like creamy sauces, used some Cream Fraiche (bit like soured cream but a fraction of the cals) with some sweet thai chilli sauce to make a lovely sauce that goes with chicken - ALSO good with pasta - if you like creamy sauces - I get fed up of only having tomato based sauces all the time. This makes a nice change.
  • thoughtbubble
    thoughtbubble Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry now! :grumble:
  • Gia6280
    Gia6280 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My go to crockpot recipe.

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts. 1 can Black beans, 1 large jar salsa.
    Cook on low for 8 hours.
    It shreds up nice, top with some shredded cheese ond a little sour cream.
  • thoughtbubble
    thoughtbubble Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    haha me too!
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I can think of very few things that you CAN'T do with chicken. Anything Mexican - Chicken tacos, burritos, enchiladas, nachos, etc. Shred it and add to almost any pasta sauce or casserole where you might usually use ground beef. Add to stir fries. Bbq chicken. Smother it with onions, peppers and a little reduced fat melted cheese....
  • JLee1892
    JLee1892 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Chicken stir-fry is really really yummy!!!! I always loved making that. Very good for you, just have to be careful on the sauce. If you use soy dont use too much. VERY high in sodium.
  • radix89
    radix89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a secret. I have had 3 foreman grills and have gotten rid of them all. I like to sautee mine in a heavy stainless steel pan or my grill pan with salt, pepper, garlic powder and LOTS of ground cumin because I love it. Then I chop and throw on salads.
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The one way I make chicken that my husband says I can make any time:

Take a cup of corn flakes and crush them. Dip the chicken in beaten egg and coat with the crumbs. Fry in some coconut oil covered for 5-7 minutes. Flip and fry in covered another 5-7 minutes.n the chicken is full of flavor and juicy. I usually have crumbs left over btw. And the coconut oil has a different flavor than the standard olive or canolas. And it's not terrible for you.

I make a lot of stir fries too.

You can also broil chicken for 7 minutes a side with salsa on it. That's also quite tasty.