Help!! :)

Options
Hey everyone!! I need some tips! I DO NOT like fish...never have...Ive extended my seafood to liking shrimp and shrimp only lol.

Does anyone have any fish recipes that dont taste fishy at all? I am finicky with the meat I eat...chicken grosses me out sometimes..idk why. And I just want to know what fish and spices help to make you not notice at all?

Anyone with recipes please message me or reply to this post =)

It would mean alot!!

I try my best to not be picky lol I dont even know where I got it from because I LOVE food lol:happy: :happy:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I would go online and search for recipes you think you would like. White fish like cod and flounder are:drinker: less fishy then Salmon and Tuna.
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    How about eating like a vegetarian? If you don't like fish and are fussy about meat, I don't see the point of eating stuff you don't like. That's just daft. :flowerforyou:
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I was never a fan of fish either but my wife makes a recipe using cod, which is a very mild whitefish that cooks up tender and flakey. Just put the cod in a baking dish, add lemon juice and sprinkle with dill. Cook until flakey or according to package directions. IN the mean time, cook some white or brown rice and melt some butter spread and add a little dill to that also.
    Put your fish over a little rice and spoon some of the melted butter over top.

It's very good.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    what about tuna steaks? they are a lot more meaty than most fish?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Tilapia is very mild and will taste like whatever you season it with. Easy to bake or grill.
  • ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    Tilapia is really good! I don't like fishy tasting fish either, this one is perfect :)
  • Mdfreeman
    Mdfreeman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Shark or Swordfish has large 'meaty" flakes.
  • queenhoneeybee
    Options
    idk but i love salmon (and a fan of halibut)-i think seafood food tastes more 'fishy'.
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What makes you think you need to eat fish, or meat for that matter? You can have a perfectly nutritious and satisfying diet without them, plus lower your risk of cancer and heart disease!
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Okay take any type of fish, get some foil, paint Olive Oil on the foil and get some Cavenders Greek seasong (find it at Walmart) sprinkle it on you're fish) than wrap you're fish up and cook it on the stove top in a regualr skillet, it's so good!
  • NeverQuit222
    Options
    if you cook the shrimp normally, add some garlic or basil. i think thats what a friend of mine made and we had pasta with that too. idk about fish tho haha