Weekends are so hard!

Options
I did not do good yesterday but I am not going to beat myself up about it. Packer season is just as bad as Christmas. Anyone else relate?

Replies

• tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I gained two pounds over the weekend. Mostly because I was with the family and eating whenever I had a chance. Real life happens. I try to be good on the week days to make up for it.
  • beatriz9085
    beatriz9085 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i keep telling my self that if there was no weekend for a month I would definetly reach my goal.. Its just so hard on the weekend people invite you out to eat and usuallly its not a healthy place. I think this las weekend I did better my husband and i decided to go dancing on saturday and did alot of walking yesterday to compensate what we ate. =) hopefully it worked.
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i can totally relate! but i dont beat myself up over it either. we just get tired of cooking all week that we want to relax on the weekends and try to make healthy choices...if not, we excercise to make up for it. :happy:
  • wyangel
    wyangel Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm with you on this! Weekends are awful for me! I did okay on Saturday, but yesterday - forget it! And my family has a habit of going to BR after church Sunday nights, so I'm going to have to figure out a way to change that or something. But I'm back on the wagon today and I did work out, so I figure it's in the right direction. Keep plugging along!
  • Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Here is my thing, I am not on a diet. I am committed to living a healthier lifestyle. I tried for too long to be on a diet, killing myself and never eating what I wanted. After a while I would get tired of it and go on a 2-3 week binge and gain all the weight I had spent the previous 2-3 months losing. I realized that this is not a race, this is just life. You commit to eating better, that doesn't mean you never have the things you want (even if they are horribly high in calories/carbs/fat/etc), it means that most of the time you make conscious choices to eat and live better. Don't have a diet mindset and you will not beat yourself up over this kind of stuff, just remind yourself everyday that you want to live better.
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I even PLANNED for Sunday and still botched it... but not horribly, and I won't beat myself up about it either :)
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    The real problem I have on the weekend is getting enough water. I do great during the week while I'm at my desk, but I never get enough on the weekends.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have trouble on weekends too - especially resisting wine and dessert, my two weaknesses. But I find once I get back into a routine during the week, the weight I gained disappears over the course of the week. Remember, this is not a diet, this is a lifestyle change. Don't beat yourself up when you indulge, just plan to exercise hard during the week.