Possibly a Craig's List Missed Opportunity?

Options
binary_jester
binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
I am thinking of submitting this. Thoughts?

Knock, knock. Who’s there? This must be a joke. Unfortunately it was not. I blinked my eyes open, struggling to focus in on the time. 1:50AM. My mind playfully threw out the thought, “who would be knocking at this hour?” Another series of knocking, this time more insistent, drew me out of my futility.
I shuffled down the hall and peered through the looking glass. Nothing. Ahh those rapscallions. Remind me to sabotage your Halloween candy. I started to walk away and yet more knocking. As I returned, I heard a female voice, yet no one standing outside. A ghost? Here is my chance to finally appear on Ghost Adventures. Borderline pounding on my door finally spurred me to open my door.
As I opened the door, you tried to force your way in. I steeled myself, barring entrance.
“Hello” seemed reasonable. You pushed again.
“Excuse me, I don’t know you!” Ahh finally some semblance of comprehension.
I saw a mixture of confusion and Grain Belt Premium beer sweep across your face as you looked up at me slowly…then to my apartment door number…then some undetermined point in space…back to my face…back to the door…pause…pause…then to your phone.
You spun awkwardly around, mumbling some sort of apology and disappeared.
Missed opportunity? Perhaps. Hopefully you made it to your late night booty call or at least landed somewhere safe. I recommend double checking that texted address next time.
Maybe a cautionary missed opportunity…the missed opportunity of the wonders that await the next time you try and force your way into a complete stranger’s residence.

Signed Still Sleeping

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    weird
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha, submit it! Maybe you'll get some responses.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    haha you have to submit that
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO. I hate to say it, but you could have been a random victim of somebody like my boyfriend! My boyfriend has on multiple occasions decided to contact people on craigslist ads and send them to random locations including but not limited to friends houses, closed bookstores, gas stations and even food carts. He finds it hilarious, usually it doesn't quite end up bothering random people like you, but somebody could have just pulled a random address from down the street!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Or, they were casing your house...
  • binary_jester
    Options
    eO3V3.jpg
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Craig's List Missed Opportunities is blocked here at work, so I'll submit this tonight and post the responses.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    end it with "i'm on a horse"
  • Hattie2879
    Options
    Kinda creepy. Be careful too, you never know when it's someone wanting to break into your house...eh, what's it called...oh yeah, a home invasion.