=] hi! my name is mel

Options
hi my name is mel and i'm new to myf as well as forums. any tips, help. or advice on forums, intake, or exercise. is greatly appreciated. i'm a simple girl-i'm an open book-i am honesty and i'm just trying to be more active in my life. i am going for bariatric surgery (ain't no shame in my game). people say that i'm not big enough-however i suppose it goes by bmi and health... everything is in the works. bariatric is not a simple choice and is it not an easy way out. my life is literally on the line-however starting this process i know that i am in good care and good hands and because of this journey i have started making positive changes in my life... like quit smoking... and i have never felt better. i am having gall bladder removed next week and that i am scared of :(. i am just hoping that i start feeling better and that i can get my life back from illness and restriction from weight bearing on my body. at times i feel that maybe i can do this on my own because it really isn't too bad, but the purpose of surgery is to have a higher chance of success of keeping the weight off. at times i feel still on the fence... but my heart says do it.

Replies

• cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Sheesh girl it sounds like you've got a bit of a bumpy journey ahead!

Yes, there are plenty of homies here on MFP that have gone the surgery route, also plenty that have done it the traditional way. Whichever you choose we got your back 100% yo! You should be able to find all the info and support you need here, and always have someone to talk to, about anything at all. I'm gonna send a friend request your way, so if you'd like some extra motivation and support just accept! You sound like a pretty strong and open person so I want ya on my team!
  • queenhoneeybee
    Options
    aww! ty for the advice! =]
  • queenhoneeybee
    Options
    Sheesh girl it sounds like you've got a bit of a bumpy journey ahead!

Yes, there are plenty of homies here on MFP that have gone the surgery route, also plenty that have done it the traditional way. Whichever you choose we got your back 100% yo! You should be able to find all the info and support you need here, and always have someone to talk to, about anything at all. I'm gonna send a friend request your way, so if you'd like some extra motivation and support just accept! You sound like a pretty strong and open person so I want ya on my team!

aww thank you gurl! will do! x