Football game appetizer

Options
Hi - I am going to a football party next weekend and wanted to bring somethin healthy - but not so obviously healthy that only I will eat it. Of course veggies and dip are one way to go? Any suggestions?

Replies

• mdmarcha
    Options
    Hi - I am going to a football party next weekend and wanted to bring somethin healthy - but not so obviously healthy that only I will eat it. Of course veggies and dip are one way to go? Any suggestions?

Guacamole. then you can get the flax chips from trader joes as dipping chips!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Chili: keep it nice and hot in a crockpot and you can make it a veggie chili and it will be super low fat. Or you can use ground turkey or chicken (white meat) and lots of beans if you want meat without all of the fat. Serve with toppings like shredded cheese, low fat sour cream, diced red onion, and tortilla chips. You can eat the chili, add some toppings, and skip the chips. No one will be any the wiser!
  • darlene071207
    Options
    Tostito Chips and salsa are always a good football snack or home made guacamole.
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    go with the guac!! or if it's cold, the chili
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Yum - buffalo chicken dip. I used the recipe off of www.skinnytaste.com and everyone loved it! I used to make the delicious bad for you version so I was concerned whether or not my friends would like the healthier option. Everyone raved about it - it's a hit every time!
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You can make a healthier version of 7 layer taco dip using Greek yogurt, reduced fat cheese, guacamole and fat free vegetarian refried beans.
    Hummus with cut up veggies or pita bites.
    A mixed nut blend with spices.
    Pumpkin dip with apples (the recipe is on Allrecipes.come-very easy though just cool whip, pumpkin puree and spices)
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas on this website. I just discovered it last week and can't get enough of it!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Appetizer Recipes
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Chicken Satay skewers
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    find a healthy oatmeal cookie recipe and make them look like footballs? " Laces out"