Workout pants with deep pockets

Options
Hey, not sure if this post should go in this forum or not!

I walk my dogs as part of my daily workout. We usually go for about 30 minutes to an hour, and I take treats and cleanup bags with me. I have yet to find workout/yoga pants that have nice, deep pockets. Usually, they only have the little internal key pocket. Has anyone found any pants with good pockets?

Replies

• avaloneternal
    Options
    I got a wrist cuff that is like a pocket at Lululemon that you could probably fit everything into.
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I got some yoga pants at Walmart with deepish zippered pockets.
  • bstevens1021
    Options
    I got a pair at Wal-mart as well that has deep pockets, not zippered though. I'm pretty sure the brand name is Danskin.
  • nikkiloseit
    nikkiloseit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can find ones on Esty with really deep pockets. :D They are also customizable!
  • PeanutButterKiller
    Options
    i got these nice nike brand running shorts that have a good size pocket on the back with a zipper, its not huge but big enough to fit a few poo bags and dog treats in, i just put my keys in it.
  • Srbrosseau
    Srbrosseau Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use some really nice pants from Prana. They are the "sutra" model. They're for men, but they do have deep pockets in the front and one jean style pocket in the back. They might make something similar for women.

They're a blend of hemp and PET plastic, but they feel like cotton.

They're pricey, but I've had mine for over a year, I wear them almost everyday, and they still look new.

Sean
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, I've been looking for the same thing so I'm interested in what other people have to say.

Also, I'm curious what you do with your dog doo after they do their business :laugh: I wish I was lucky enough to have my dog do it towards the end of our walk. When she does it, I still have quite a walk in store for us and don't really want to smell it all the way, but I don't want to backtrack home :smile:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    i've gotten some workout pants from old navy that have decent pockets.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm old school... I shove all that junk -- doggie bags, cell phone, iPod, roadID (never leave home without it) into a fanny pack and clip on my water bottle :)
    I even have speakers for my iPod -- it's called a "jammny pack"

Wehn you walk the Susan G Komen 3-Day you can't use headphones so this is why I have the speakers.
    It's great entertainment when you're doing a 60 mile walk!

http://www.jammypack.com/

If you're just doing a quick dog walk/poop you'd probably be fine with pockets and answers above :)
  • orhstay87
    Options
    I got some at Walmart that I like. I think they are the Danskin kind. It seems like they usually just put pockets in men's shorts!!
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wal-mart has Danskin's draw string 2 pocket yoga pants. I was there this weekend $14 a pair
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Men's pants seem to have bigger pockets
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm curious what you do with your dog doo after they do their business :laugh: I wish I was lucky enough to have my dog do it towards the end of our walk. When she does it, I still have quite a walk in store for us and don't really want to smell it all the way, but I don't want to backtrack home :smile:

Well, there's a park/rec center three blocks from my house (we usually walk 2-3 miles) and if I'm still in that vicinity, I'll just swing by there because they have trash cans. Otherwise, I just take it with me until I find a trash can or make it home.