Need lots of help and encouragement

Options
Hello - I have now been on here for 2 weeks and the weight is slowly coming off. I've tried every diet in the book and hope that calorie counting and mfp is the way to go to lose this weight for good. I have a lot of weight to lose so any help and encouragement would be greatly appreciated. So far I do not have any friends on here so if anyone would life to befriend me please do.

Replies

• kjwickman
    Options
    I just started this also. I know you can do it. Just remember this is the basics, eat less, move more. It may sound silly but I get motivated by The Biggest Loser. If those people who are that overweight can do it so can I. I am active but need to lose 25lbs. My biggest problem is watching my food. So far doing it this way has made me more aware of what I eat. Knowing I have to write it down makes me think twice. Here goes, " You rah, rah , rah, we can do it! GOOO team! " That was suppose to be a cheer.:)
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and if you need anything we are all here to help!
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have been here about a month and love the lifestye changes that I am making, not to mention very happy with the scale changes also! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like, I can also use all of the encouragement that I can get.
    :happy:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Your first mistake is the word DIET. If you educate yourself on healthy eating, look for healthy recipes, find substitutions, Cut processed and fast food, eat as close to whole foods as you can and remove foods that tempt you from the house, it's a start.
    Make your healthy life your new hobby. Welcome and good luck.
    Also, buy a food scale. You'll be shocked at what a true portion size really is.:flowerforyou:
  • mayatiger
    Options
    Hi!! We are here to help!! Feel free to 'friend' me!! (: