Another Biggest Loser (closed group)

Options
Today is Monday! Let's really get this challenge going.
First, share how your weekend went. How you felt about it as it happened, and how you feel about it now. Comment on the person's post above you and share your opinion. Don't forget to do this - it is a great way for everyone to get feedback and not just a few of us! We all need input, so this is a great exercise to do!

Next, you must pick a challenge to follow this week and accomplish it from the 3 choices below. Oh, did I mention that this challenge has eliminations? Whoever does not accomplish their challenge will be eliminated. If more than one person does not accomplish it, I will determine who gets eliminated on Sunday. Stay truthful, people. Don't worry - I will start the challenges off easy and as the weeks go by I will make them more difficult. When you have decided which challenge you have picked post that on this thread along with your weekend summary. Do this ASAP! Also, don't forget to give us progress updates:D

Challenge options.
1. Mix it up this week. Twice this week try something new for at least 30 minutes. Whether you have a tape that you don't exercise to, or always pick the same machine at the gym - your body needs variety. You don't want to hit that plateau do you? For more ideas you could look up yoga on youtube, try Zumba, play a sport with friends or family, etc. When you accomplish this post on this board what it is you have done!

2. Pick one day this week to cleanse your body. Eat only fruits and veggies this day and only drink water. Nothing processed (no salad dressing, even!) Your body will appreciate this. Don't worry about your sugar, either!

3. Pick a meal and eat the exact same meal every day this week. For example: I usually switch up my breakfasts between cereal or oatmeal and a different combination of fruit. But studies have shown that if you pick one meal to eat every day and keep it boring it will help you with your diet. Let's test this! It can be any meal but it must be the same.

Any questions? As them on this board! Post your thoughts, comments, concerns on here as well. That way I won't have repeat questions if you message them to me.

Think this group is not the one for you? Just let me know and I will remove you from the list of participants.
This is a bit challenging- and I do want people who communicate regularly. You will not be the winner January first if you don't participate in board postings!

Alright, enough of the hard-*kitten* seriousness. Here is how my weekend went:

Friday: Great. Got my workout in. Ate decently
Saturday: Pretty good as well. Got a good workout in- though it was not up my standard, but I had already met my exercise goal.
Sunday: All went pretty well until about...11 p.m. Then I ate SO MUCH FOOD. Did not post some of it just because I forgot. Had to go back and do Quick Adds. I calculated my deficit for this week and its still around 3000 so after I lose the water weight I will have still lost about a lb. Hopefully!

Have a great week guys! :D Let's do this AND have some fun ;]

Replies

• FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Wee all have those weekends of calories but ending up with a deficit is the important part. Long term instead of short term :)

Weekend went pretty well. Friday and Saturday I did some walking and mellowed out from the busy week. Went on a couple of wine tastings (first drinks in a week) so that took its toll on my calories. Sunday I started the C25K with my husband *woot* so that is going to be a lot of fun if we can keep with it. Also started the 100 push ups program so hoping that helps. Burned over 1000 calories on Sunday between the running and the massive amounts of yard work I had to do!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My weekend wasn't too great.
    Friday I did awesome and got in a lot of gym time and ate pretty healthy. No complaints here.
    Saturday I went to play Bingo with a couple friends and family. I managed to stay within my calories but ate unhealthy and didn't get any exercise in.
    Sunday I didn't get any really strenuous exercise in and ate pretty unhealthy but managed to stay within my calories due to exercise.
    It was a weird weekend where I was actually out and doing stuff so following healthy eating was tough.

I'm going for Challenge #1 this week. My plan is to do my trainer's Boot Camp tomorrow morning and I'm not sure for the second one. I'll try some new machine at the gym; probably either the arc trainer or stair machine. Both are a little intimating so it will be a good excuse to get on it! Either that or I'll hop on a new strength training machine I've been avoiding.
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Friday - was a good day; 60 minutes walking my dog and d3 30ds.
    Saturday - was a hard work day. I worked 11hours stocking soda, no extra exercise
    Sunday - my other work day, 6.5 hours of stocking soda, no extra exercise
    My job is getting easier withe the exercise and weight loss.

I will follow up with the new exercise challenge. I just got my bike in working order.
  • terihaddad
    terihaddad Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Nice...I'd like to start the C25K as well...and in fact, that's the challenge I'll be picking...Challenge 1, try something new twice this week. One will be the C25K, and I'll have to figure out the other. Currently, I am doing 30DS, and every once in awhile throwing in some BFBM as well.

As for my weekend, Friday was horrible. I helped my sister in law with some condo-hunting, and since we were seeing places, we didn't get to eat dinner until 8:30 (I usually eat at 6). We chose a place where I could get chicken and salad and be really good, but since I was soooo hungry, my brain shut off and my stomach took over and I ended up getting fries AND dessert. I felt ill after, and regretted doing it immediately, but you can't go back! So Saturday morning I did a 2 hour workout to make up for it and ate really well. Sunday started off a bit rough when I had bacon for breakfast, but I still managed to keep within my calories. I weighed myself this morning and overall, I'm up .6 since Thursday (my official weigh in day), so I'm disappointed in myself, but it's not enough that I should get stressed over it. Needless to say though, I'm ready to go this week and see a nice loss at weigh in time!
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    Love hearing about everyone's weekends. Try to keep commenting on others - I know I love positive feedback or tips/things I could do to help.

I know weekends are tough, trust me. Just gotta keep it up. Whenever I screw up I just remember that I used to be like that EVERYDAY and that this definitely an improvement. At least I am staying on track!
    =]
  • melmccabe
    melmccabe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Going to events such as Bingo can make it difficult to eat healthy. Good for you for staying within your calories.

My weekend went great. Friday I completed a 2.5 hour workout which was an hour less than my normal Friday workouts due to a busy meeting schedule at work. Saturday I attended a workshop in the morning which had 0 healthy food items available--good thing I packed myself some fruit and nuts. I hit the gym for a wonderful 3 hour workout and then assisted with an event at work in the evening. Sunday, I had a good 3 hour workout- my knee was bothering me a little bit so I had to back the intensity down a little bit. I was able to eat clean all weekend and remained at or slightly under 1200 calories. My usual weigh-in days are on Mondays--I was surprised to see that I lost 6.4lbs last week. I usually lose 1-3 lbs a week, so the added mix of Tae-bo this week must have shook things up a little bit.

I am going to go with Challenge #1 this week: I am going to add a Zumba class and the stair-climber treadmill to my routine this week.
  • Keiora
    Keiora Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Weekend went pretty well...

Friday - A+: I did an hour of lap swimming in the AM, and in the afternoon I rode my bike to and from the gym (approx 20 mins) and spent 45 mins on the elliptical. - Under my calories

Saturday - A: Went for a great bike ride... 18+ kms in 1:40... I certainly wasn't breaking any speed records but it felt really good! - Under my calories

Sunday - C: Weekends are hard for me because my gym doesn't open early enough for me to go do my swim before work and that sort of poops out the rest of my day... Didn't do much, but went for a 1 hour walk with the boyfriend after work. - Under my calories

This week's challange:
    I think I'll try two! Go big or go home, right? XD I will cleanse on Friday and do two new things this week I'll update later on what I've picked! :)
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    That's why I'm glad we weigh-in on Fridays! I'm always at my lowest weight at the end of the work week :)

Not sure which challenge I am going to go with (may try all three?) and see what happens!

I love BINGO ... although I never win
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Friday was great got a good work out in,,, then we headed into my apartement in Montreal with my future inlaws to meet my parents this weekend... (I live with my fiance 2 1/2 hours away) from my old place (which I kept obviously) for when we go back...

anyway... SUPPER is when it started... they decided to stop at Mc Donalds.. oh boy... temptation? Almost... I ended up having a chicken Cesar salad so was very proud of myself... Saturday morning we went out for breakfast with his parents and my mom and brother... and well managed to keep that down too... Tom my fiance, ordered a large breakfast for himself, and I picked of there lol one egg, a slice of toast a piece of bacon and all the fruit lol and beans too ... hehe
    We walked alot... shopping mind you... but were out and about in the malls for a good 4 hours or so, enough that my feet hurt.. leisurely mind you not fast paced... Supper we went to my fathers... that is where it got crazy... he made spaghetti which I love... and well the pasta was SMART pasta at least... but he gave me a huge serving (which I ate 3/4) Wine AND GARLIC BREAD oh gosh I love that stuff... I managed to keep it down to 2 slices... then DESSERT? ummph... I ate it but felt so sick afterwards...
    Sunday, I made breakfast at home... so it wasn't to bad... again walking most of the day around taking the inlaws shopping, then they decide on Wendy's for lunch... ughhh... I WAS BAD, I did have the chicken sandwich... and the fries mind you I couldn't even finish it... I find the better I am eating the less I can handle LOTS of food, which is good.

didn't even end up having supper last night I was so full... and after the 2 1/2 hour drive home I was ready for bed.
    GOT BACK on track this morning... got my son to the bus, took a 2 km bike ride...did my 45 min Zumba workout and 5 min of sit ups

I've decided to go with option 1. Mix it up this week. I joined the gym this morning for the first time EVER! that is my mix it up... instead of Zumba or Cardio in my basement, going to try going to the gym every morning and doing my first REAL LIVE Zumba class on Wednesday... and will do .3 as well keep to one same meal in the morning :D

together we can do this :D
  • schnugglebug
    Options
    My weekend wasn't too great.
    Friday I did awesome and got in a lot of gym time and ate pretty healthy. No complaints here.
    Saturday I went to play Bingo with a couple friends and family. I managed to stay within my calories but ate unhealthy and didn't get any exercise in.
    Sunday I didn't get any really strenuous exercise in and ate pretty unhealthy but managed to stay within my calories due to exercise.
    It was a weird weekend where I was actually out and doing stuff so following healthy eating was tough.

I'm going for Challenge #1 this week. My plan is to do my trainer's Boot Camp tomorrow morning and I'm not sure for the second one. I'll try some new machine at the gym; probably either the arc trainer or stair machine. Both are a little intimating so it will be a good excuse to get on it! Either that or I'll hop on a new strength training machine I've been avoiding.

I hear you with the being out, and eating unhealthy... some times it is hard to eat healthy... but if we let our mind stay on track there is a way to get around it... and after all if we do trip up we can get back at it!... :D
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Friday was great got a good work out in,,, then we headed into my apartement in Montreal with my future inlaws to meet my parents this weekend... (I live with my fiance 2 1/2 hours away) from my old place (which I kept obviously) for when we go back...

anyway... SUPPER is when it started... they decided to stop at Mc Donalds.. oh boy... temptation? Almost... I ended up having a chicken Cesar salad so was very proud of myself... Saturday morning we went out for breakfast with his parents and my mom and brother... and well managed to keep that down too... Tom my fiance, ordered a large breakfast for himself, and I picked of there lol one egg, a slice of toast a piece of bacon and all the fruit lol and beans too ... hehe
    We walked alot... shopping mind you... but were out and about in the malls for a good 4 hours or so, enough that my feet hurt.. leisurely mind you not fast paced... Supper we went to my fathers... that is where it got crazy... he made spaghetti which I love... and well the pasta was SMART pasta at least... but he gave me a huge serving (which I ate 3/4) Wine AND GARLIC BREAD oh gosh I love that stuff... I managed to keep it down to 2 slices... then DESSERT? ummph... I ate it but felt so sick afterwards...
    Sunday, I made breakfast at home... so it wasn't to bad... again walking most of the day around taking the inlaws shopping, then they decide on Wendy's for lunch... ughhh... I WAS BAD, I did have the chicken sandwich... and the fries mind you I couldn't even finish it... I find the better I am eating the less I can handle LOTS of food, which is good.

didn't even end up having supper last night I was so full... and after the 2 1/2 hour drive home I was ready for bed.
    GOT BACK on track this morning... got my son to the bus, took a 2 km bike ride...did my 45 min Zumba workout and 5 min of sit ups

I've decided to go with option 1. Mix it up this week. I joined the gym this morning for the first time EVER! that is my mix it up... instead of Zumba or Cardio in my basement, going to try going to the gym every morning and doing my first REAL LIVE Zumba class on Wednesday... and will do .3 as well keep to one same meal in the morning :D

together we can do this :D

weekends can get the best of us! Its awesome you thought ahead (eat off of your mans plate), change what you were GOING to eat. Also realizing you can eat as much as you used to, shows improvment! Great job!! Also great job getting back on track! Its hard doing so sometimes!
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My weekend was great, up until last night.

I ate great all weekend, and then noticed some white english muffins and white (smart) pasta... and they were both calling my name!!! I ended up not tracking the rest of the night.

I didn't get any exersice in other then daily activites due to a fall I had over a month ago. (Went to the gym this morning and can do little things once again)

Seeing as I already do #3, most of the time, Im going to try #2 the cleanse!!!
  • schnugglebug
    Options
    My weekend was great, up until last night.

I ate great all weekend, and then noticed some white english muffins and white (smart) pasta... and they were both calling my name!!! I ended up not tracking the rest of the night.

I didn't get any exersice in other then daily activites due to a fall I had over a month ago. (Went to the gym this morning and can do little things once again)

Seeing as I already do #3, most of the time, Im going to try #2 the cleanse!!!

Thats awesome little by little, so proud of you for getting to the gym! I have bad feet and have been limited to what I do as well... but finally decided there are only SO much excuses I can make... IF I loose the weight my feet will get better. :D The elliptical was suggest to me as a good way to start :D
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! :D I am so excited and happy to do this, can I say how much I LOVE you guys and this site!!

Friday was a good day, I am trying to stay within 1200 calories and day and I do eat my exercise calories so I can have a little more but still stay under my goal! I cannot handle seeing red on my homepage for my calories...lol thats a good thing!

Saturday we went to a fabulous fall festival but while my family ate cotten candy, brownies, and those kind of goodies, I ate a small bag of plain popcorn and a bottle of water, but as long as I was eating to I didnt feel left out! However trying not to be late for the festival we skipped breakfast :frown: my weekends are alot more unplanned or structured...we then went to Sonnys bbq because we were feeling the whole fall country mood...lol I got a salad and a 4oz of beef on a plain toasted bun instead of garlic bread and a plain baked potato and still managed to eat right at 1100 calories...:sick: I am not 100% sure i ate that much but thats what my diary said! So I took it easy the rest of the night! I also walked a huge bridge, which was a mile and a half , i walked it in 30 min, so I figured I was going about 3mph and burned 304 calories!

Sunday only had coffeeat breakfast time and we went on a picnic, the family got publix Subs :tongue: I got a turkey whole wheat wrap and some fat free light potato chips, it was fun, then for dinner they have these 100 calorie smart bagels that are yummy so i had one of those with ff creme cheese and a jello temptations chocolate creme pie treat and stayed right at 1000 calories for my day, I didnt get any offficial exercise in!!

Weigh in was today I was down 2 more pounds:bigsmile:

My challenge this week is going to deffinitely change my workout and do some different things, I am way to much a creature of habit and walking and swimming are my 2 favorite exercises, I want to do some weights and toning for my huge arms and some ab work and maybe get the 30 min shred by jilliam Michaels...but thats my challenge...thank you for reading this :heart:

♥ Big cyber hugs and high fives to all of you!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! :) I need you guys! xoxo:smooched:
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    How do I get my tracker and the biggest loser picture and my stats to post with my replys??
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I just finished 35 minutes of bike riding. Part 1 of that challenge done.
  • kassied09
    Options
    How do I get my tracker and the biggest loser picture and my stats to post with my replys??

[img ]http://i53.tinypic.com/20aqes0.jpg[ /img] Add the link above to your 'signature' when you go to community to look at the topics, one of the options in blue is signature. Just copy past that into it and remove the spaces that I put in before and after the img. It is great that we are all communicating- let's keep this up! I loved hearing about your weekends. The good ones motivate me and the bad let me know that I am not alone in not doing so well. As for the challenges- I am excited to see how this plays out. Any troubles you run into or questions you have post them here. Also, love hearing about NSV's and other little victories relating to the challenges :D Remember- the challenges will get harder as the weeks go by![/img]
  • kassied09
    Options

Way to go! =] You jumped on the wagon real early in the week- way to stay motivated :D

Oh, and oops forgot to post which challenge I am going to be doing this week. I am going to do the first one- switch things up. I tend to stick to the Arc Trainer at the gym to burn a lot of calories fast...but this week I am going to get into Yoga to work on flexibility, even though the number of cals I burn almost hurts me because it is so low...Oh well!
  • romping
    romping Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Way to go! BBQ is my favorite. I don´t think I could go to Sony´s without downing a bottle of BBQ sauce. Great job with the excercise. Very important!!!

My weekend was pretty good. I´m actually still on the weekend as today is a holiday here in Colombia. I stuck to my diet this whole weekend and did double dose of excercise on Saturday. I have lost 26 pounds since I started and I haven´t purchased any new clothes so I feel like I am looking a little sloppy with the baggy look. It feels great to have the baggy look though.

My kids also knock down the garbage food but that´s mom´s department and the little guys are all fiber from so many sports activities. Not an ounce of fat on them. I will take care of myself for now. I feel great. Eating well. It is raining so I may go for a long walk with a raincoat. I love excercising in the rain!!!!
  • schnugglebug
    Options

That is AWESOME!!! I love riding my bike :D well it is my main mode of transportation so I don't really see it as exercise but necessity lol
    FANTASTIC JOB :D