65lbs down with biggest NSVs to date.

Options
Hi, all!

So as of this morning, I am down 65lbs since 6/2/11. I am not sure how exactly I have been able to pull through since i lost Mayer, but i try to stay on track for him.

so here is a picture from saturday evening. from what i have been told by my friends and coworkers, the past couple of weeks has been a huge shift in the way i look and where the weight is distributed. Although in the past six weeks i have only lost like 10lbs, all of the sudden, i am down 2 jean sizes, my face looks thinner than it has since college and even i can see the difference when i look in the mirror. so i am not sure if everything is kind of settling where it needs to be, or how that will end up. but it's so weird- all of my jeans fit. i mean i probably had no fewer than 20 pair that i had purchased without trying on and when i got home couldnt even get them over my thighs. they all fit. like no questions asked. for so long, i would just go to buy clothes and buy the biggest non-plus size that they had and hope to god it would fit, whether or not it would look good was not even a concern. and now all of the sudden, i am just throwing on size 12 pants with no problem. the clothes that i bought when i started my job 3 months ago, are way too big now.

i never ever thought i could work so hard for something and actually accomplish it. and it is a bit overwhelming i must admit. i didn't even tell anyone when i started this bc i was sure i would fail and didn't want to be embarrassed. i didn't even introduce myself on these message boards for like six weeks. and now people as me for advice about losing weight- i was just recruited for the wellness committee at my firm. it's really crazy to me. i am a completely different person than i was just six months ago. i had nothing except for my mayer. and now i have an amazing job where i am kicking so much butt, confidence that i haven't had in years, a social life and actual hope. but i don't have my guy. so it's really weird for me. i would give it all back if i could be with him for even a few minutes. but i try every day to realize that he was here to help me get to where i needed to be and now that i am on my way, he knew i would be ok on my own. so i am going to stop talking about that topic bc the tears are falling.

I am deterimed to lose 25 more lbs. if i could do it by the end of the year, it would be amazing. but with the holidays and stuff, who knows. if i lost 25 more, i would be like an actual average sized person. i haven't been since high school. so i am trying. and like i said, my babe stayed with me until he was sure i could do this, so i have to keep it up for him, if for no other reason.

so here is what i look like 65lbs down:

6253712047_790ebde41e_m.jpg
oct152011 by tifanietiberio, on Flickr

unfortunately this is what i looked like just 5 months ago-

6175598958_6263010a17_m.jpg
earrings before by tifanietiberio, on Flickr

and for those of you keeping up with my general life, here is the tattoo 3 weeks later- almost healed:

6253711981_a1fb96b7cc_m.jpg
tattoo3weeks by tifanietiberio, on Flickr

so thank you everyone for your support and just being there. being able to vent and let my thoughts and feelings out through mfp has literally been life saving for me.

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    wow! that's quite a difference. you're doing really well. congrats on your success so far!
  • Srbrosseau
    Srbrosseau Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I'm sorry to hear about your puppy; I dread the day ours are no longer with us.
  • Jennypins
    Jennypins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm sorry about your beautiful doggy. He sure does look like he was wonderful.
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your doggy. :( I lost my baby too a couple of years ago and it's still hard for me sometimes. He would really be proud of you and so are we!

I would love to know what you're doing that is different from what I'm doing because...I'm having a hard time losing weight and I'm doing everything right! Or...atleast I think I am XD

Congrats on your weight loss!
  • Moneicalynn
    Moneicalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    WOW!! that is awesome that you lost 65 pounds so far and im sure u have it in you to lose the other 25 pounds u want to lose.... awesome job keep up the good work :)
  • shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    Options
    what a difference in your photos well done :smile: :smile:
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Wow, that picture does show a big difference even from just a month or so ago. Excellent work on staying on track. Great for you.
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Look at that beautiful Jaw line!!!!
  • smathinly
    Options
    You are very inspirational and you look great! Rock on! I am also sending you many hugs for the loss of your wonderful dog and for your obvious strength.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! Sorry to hear about your baby. :(
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You look stunning.

Still my hero!

<3
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Outstanding job!! You look great!!
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    whew...you are gorgeous! congrats!!!! I am really sorry about your dog;( We have three. One is 17!!!! She is on borrowed time but she still RUNS around the yard! Amazing. They are a blessing for the time we have them. :brokenheart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!