Headaches...

Options
Hi Everyone,

I've just completed my first week with MFP and I'm getting alot of headaches. I find they tend to come on between breakfast and lunch. Once I eat lunch they seem to go away. I took Advil a few time but I really can't be taking that daily! Any advice? Am I missing something? Any tips etc...would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

Replies

• SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I would suggest having a snack between breakfast and lunch and drinking lots of water. Are you a coffee drinker? Sometimes caffeine can cause headaches too.
  • lottywood
    lottywood Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Have you been drinking hot water with lemon by any chance? I did on my first few weeks and the headaches were dire. Same goes with my friend.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie level set at? It might be too low for you. Otherwise, try eating more often but smaller quantities.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Try the low calorie healthy snack idea.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    water, water, water
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if you're eating enough for breakfast?

Also, maybe you need a midmorning snack to keep your sugar levels from crashing?

Are you a coffee or tea drinker? Could you be having withdrawl?

Also, how are your sleeping arrangments? I know sometimes I get stuffed up if I don't change the sheets once a week.... cat dander... it gives me headaches sometimes. Check if something like that could be affecting you.

Shannon
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I had terrible headaches and felt yucky the first week I started eating better too. Maybe it is just your body getting used to "good" food now :happy: But after a week or so it was much better. I would also suggest a snack between breakfast and lunch. I am religious about eating snacks and it's been very helpful for me. Good luck on your journey. It's totally worth it.
  • vegasaims
    vegasaims Posts: 128
    Options
    I was having the same issue. I increased my breakfast a little (I am not a breakfast eater, but I force myself to eat something) and I added a morning snack. I also added an afternoon snack since I was getting headaches then too. That really helped. I make sure i drink enough water for the day too. I sometimes forget to drink enough since I am running all over the place picking up kids to work with.

Good luck!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're hydrated and getting enough calories. Also, if you're using Crystal Light or similar flavorings to get your water in, that could easily cause headaches.
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice everyone! I think I'll increase my breakfast intake and be sure to drink more water!! :) Lets hope tomorrow is a better day!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I ask what you cut out or changed. If you've also decided to go caffine free that will give you head aches.