Becoming Fit and Fabulous!

Options
I joined MFP awhile ago, just never posted and didn't know what I thought about it. I began slowly watching what I was eating. I think I've done okay on my eating but NOT okay on working out. (This is probably why I've seen minimal pounds lost.) I would rather be outside doing something then inside on a treadmill :( I hope that this works for me, as I have a wedding I would like to look amazing for!

Replies

• humanskin
    Options
    Hey! Adjusting your diet is the first and hardest step, so you're on the right track. When I started on MFP, I couldn't even WALK .5 without gasping for air and getting sweaty. 6 months later, I'm at least wanting to exercise everyday (even if I can't get around to it).

What sort of things do you enjoy doing outside?

Are you in an area where you get much winter snow?
  • jbmergen
    Options
    Hey! I'm in the same boat. I started on here a while ago, but just stopped using the site after one meal. However, I am starting again today, and plan to keep it up until I reach my goal weight before the end of the year.

I'm from a very wintery area of the US, so I have to do a lot of my exercising inside. I've actually started to prefer running on a treadmill because I can watch TV while I'm doing it. If a television isn't available, I've found that reading (larger print works better) actually makes the time go by quickly as well.

If you're in a place that gets snow, apparently crosscountry skiing is a wonderful way to stay in shape outside in the winter. I've also gone snowshoeing before...and that's VERY difficult! Both of those outdoor activities will definitely work the legs and act as a sort of cardio.
  • jabieber
    jabieber Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do live in an area with A LOT of snow, Iowa! I'll have to try the treadmill idea, I got one for free(may not be pretty but gets the job done)

I've also been trying to drink lots of water.

It's also hard for me to keep track over weekends- I lose it.
  • jbmergen
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over messing up on the weekends. Whenever I visit my parents for the weekend, there's no way I could stay on track...I'm pretty sure I would totally ruin the rest of the week after the weekend if I stayed on track for those two days. I've decided that I'm okay with taking two steps forward and one step back every weekend. The weight will come off slower, but at least I'll still be happy and satisfied!
  • jabieber
    jabieber Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've really beat myself up over the weekends. I've decided I will just need to stay diligent on working out.

Does anyone have any fun workouts that don't make the time pass so slow?