still not quitting

Options
I am so frustrated today. I have not lost any weight...in fact I gained a pound....probably related to my TOM...but regardless it has been a huge bummer.

So I decided to list what I am doing that is better for me....my success....

*drinking water....20 days ago I would go weeks without water...I drank diet pepsi, milk, juice....but hardly any water....
*I am eating a healthy breakfast
*I am saving money because I am not going to starbucks each day and taking a healthy lunch to work
*I am eating fruits and veggies.
*I am thinking before I eat
*I am moving more
*I have not quit....I always quit....I lose the first 5 pounds and then I quit. I have never stuck with it past about 15 days or so...

I am worth sticking with this....my kids are worth it....my friends...my life....it is worth living well. I am not quitting.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Stick to your goals and you'll lose. :flowerforyou:
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    you can do it!!! keep your head up =D
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and such an inspiration to others.............. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hugs xx
  • digitaldigital
    digitaldigital Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great list! You're definitely making it.
  • fzia
    fzia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Keep going, it will pay off at the end. Great job so far:)
  • Bucky2BeBetty
    Bucky2BeBetty Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya, sister!
  • erickalsc
    Options
    Good girl don't quite......And your kids, your friend, and you most off all are worth it!!!: flowerforyou:
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Great job!! making the commitment is the hardest part. Just stick with it and the changes will come. Be sure to look at measurements too, not just the scale. I've lost several inches, without losing a pound. Now the pounds are starting to come off too. Just keep at it!

:smile:
  • FatAndThirty
    Options
    Don't quit. I started eating healthy and working out everyday over a month ago. And instead of losing weight, I gained a pound too. It was so frustrating to know that I was doing everything right, but see no progress.Well I stepped on the scale yesterday, and I had lost 4 pounds. So, sometimes it takes longer for certain people, but your hard work IS going to pay off.
  • hmoss619
    hmoss619 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!! I haven't been doing this long, but I hate the times that I do well and don't lose....I have found that if I power through, all of a sudden 2 pounds come off at once! Just don't give up :)
  • smathinly
    Options
    I love your list! Hang in there--I empathize with your frustration, as I have days when I feel like I have been doing so good that I should have lost 10 lbs overnight! But you have made some awesome changes and you are amazing! You can do it!
  • cheri868
    Options
    I am so frustrated myself that I don't know what to do anymore!!! I have been at it for over a month now and have only lost 1 pound so far. I see other people posting 2 lb weight loss a week and my scale just seems stuck!!!

- I drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses of water per day. No sodas or juices pass my lips anymore
    - Only have oatmeal and fruit for breakfast every morning
    - I usually have veggies and fish or plain chicken breast for lunch
    - Snacks are usually less than 100 cals per snack
    - I do not go over my 1200 cal per day goal
    - I exercise at least 40 mins per day (20 mins in the am and another 20 in the pm)

And still, after all this, I have still lost nothing!!! I am completely at a loss
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude. Stay with it. The pounds will start melting off before you know it!
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    great attitude... take some measurements... inches are better than pounds anyway.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Yaa for not quitting!!! Real women don't quit, they get the job done!! :flowerforyou:
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the great changes you have made so far! Don't give up! It will happen!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Hold your head up HIGH! You know that you are on the right path! You have a plan and a desire..Success is definitely coming your way! Stay strong at these beliefs and you will go far!
  • SherNY
    SherNY Posts: 87
    Options
    I find myself in the same boat at times. chin up! You're doing just fine.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    SLOW AND STEADY! My scale will show the exact same number down to the OUNCE, for two weeks then suddenly I will lose 2-3 pounds! It is frustrating but worth it on those days. Keep it up!
  • Shishkeberry
    Shishkeberry Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good for you! These are some of the same things I had to remind myself of when I ate over maintenance yesterday.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!