Jillian Michael - Ripped in 30 (Week 1)

Options
Hi,
I have started the videos - Jillian Michael`s Ripped in 30, wondering if anyone else is doing these videos

I just finished on Day 3.

I haven`t been doing her meal plan, but I have been doing the slimfast meal replacements with 3 health food snackes.

Combining calorie intake and workout videos - I am trying to stay under 1200 Calaries a day. However I am increasing my protein intake, I have heard great stories about how the protein will help increase my metobalism.

The first two days of the video - I was so sore...... hoping to find friends who are just starting this journey or are week four, to provide motivation.....

Replies

• mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 4. It gets easier...I am also eating 1200 calories a day, high protein. It seems to be working.Friend me , if you want and we can keep each other motivated.
  • smileyk003
    smileyk003 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi MStorm!

I actually have my copy in the mail on its way, but if you are looking for some support and someone to chat to about 30DS - search 30DS/Jillian Michaels/30day shred in the community as I have noticed that there are regularly threads starting for people so that you can all check out your progress together.

Best of luck!!!!

Kylie.
  • Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    HI there,

I just finished day 1 today. I did the 30DS before, I feel it was a good preparation. Feel free to add me for support!
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Im on level 2. I can tell a great change. I try to eat 1200 cal diet and I do use protein shakes and bars. Your body vvill start to cry out for things. Just listen to eat and get lots of fluids. I also take supplements.
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have started the videos - Jillian Michael`s Ripped in 30, wondering if anyone else is doing these videos

I just finished on Day 3.

Today is my Day 3 of Week 1. I am not doing her meal plan either, but I think as long as you are watching what you eat it's not a big deal. Hell, that's why we are on this site right? To eat healthy and watch what we eat.

I'd be more than happy to friend anyone else who is going through the Ripped In 30 challenge to talk more about it.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I meant to start last week and just had a horrible week. I did one day and then 2 days of yoga instead. I want to start up again this week. The first day was tough, but if it's anything like 30DS it'll get better. My sticking point is pulling my lazy behind out of bed to get the workout in before work. I know I'll feel better if I do, but somedays it just doesn't happen.
  • mstormth
    mstormth Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the 30 DS, started with this one.... will probably do that one after this, or I will attempt Bob's Bootcamp DVDs.

Did you like the 30 DS?
  • mstormth
    Options
    Did Day 4 for this morning...

would probably be a little better for me, if she left a pause or two so you could get a drink of water... lol.
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Did Day 4 for this morning...

would probably be a little better for me, if she left a pause or two so you could get a drink of water... lol.

I just finished my Day 3 and it is SO much better than Day 1. To make it all the more fun is the sun is shinning through the windows making it extra hot in my living room.
  • mstormth
    Options
    I have to get up before my family does, in order to work out, so I use our basement at 6am.... there is not a lot of sunshine at that time this time of year....

If I don't work out or get up at 6am, its pretty much a wash that I will do the videos that day.... family life is hectic to say the least.
  • lunamare
    Options
    I liked the 30DS. I had zero experience with Jillian before that (I don't watch Biggest Looser) so I didn't know what to expect. I like the idea that it's broken down into sections. When I start thinking it's getting tough I think "I can do anything for 2 minutes" or whatever it is and I get through it. I don't know if Ripped is harder than 30DS or not, I think whichever one you start with is going to seem harder than the other. Of course I'm still only on week 1 so it could get worse. I DID do the video last night while dinner was cooking.
  • mstormth
    Options
    I am definately going to her 30 DS after this program is over.

I took a clas at the gym called Total Body Core and I am finding the exercises to be similar to what I have found in week 1, which is great because I miss going to that class.

There is times when I have to get off pace of Jillian's staff whetehr it is to breath or take a sip of water but I always try to keep moving even if my syncronized exercises is not in sync with...

I can never move my left arm at the same time as my right leg, I end up thinking more so then doing... lol.
  • chrsteodu99
    Options
    Hi, I ordered the DVD from Walmart and it arrived last night. I "made" my 3 year old do it with me. My question is, how do you know when to go to Level 2? When Level 1 starts getting easy? Ha, I'll never make myself go up a level if that's the case. Anyone have good results with this after 30 days?
  • lunamare
    Options
    I don't do the workout every day, I sometimes skip a day. I'm thinking that after I do 5 days of Level 1 I'll try Level 2. That would figure in 2 rest (or other workout ) days during the week. I've heard Level 2 is worse than Level 3.
  • mstormth
    Options
    Hi, Are you on week 2 now?

I am really struggling with Week 2 of Ripped in 30... I do not feel I am getting out of it, what I should be because I cannot get these exercises right.... they have a lot of syncronized movements and I am struggling to get these together properly....

I am thinking that I am hurting my calorie burn by not doing an exercise routine that suits me but then I don't want to give up on the challenge...
  • DBiggs23
    Options
    How do you guys track this under excercies. i just put it as circuit training?
  • mstormth
    Options
    I as well put it under circut training...
  • kimmck
    kimmck Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    RI30.....Did Day 1 and was sore the next day.

i am going to start again with Day 1 and push through it. I have 39 days until my cruise.....
  • mstormth
    Options
    Hi,
    I was sore the first couple of days too.... i think its a part of the course....

keep it up, have a great cruise!
  • mstormth
    Options
    How did you do on week 2?

Seems to be a little difficult for me to master some of the movements...