Alli?

Options
Soo I don't take Alli and I have heard really horrible things about this product ie, the side effects are really bad... However I heard that if you can live with the side effects of it, it really works.. soooo Does anyone on here take it? Also how bad are the side effects?

I am not a person that can take a pill daily and I more than likely will not ever take it, it was just a little discussion I was having with my sister and I wanted to know other peoples take on it... Thanks

Replies

• siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Soo I don't take Alli and I have heard really horrible things about this product ie, the side effects are really bad... However I heard that if you can live with the side effects of it, it really works.. soooo Does anyone on here take it? Also how bad are the side effects?

I am not a person that can take a pill daily and I more than likely will not ever take it, it was just a little discussion I was having with my sister and I wanted to know other peoples take on it... Thanks

I did not like Alli, it didnt work for me. I took OxyElite Pro and lost 35lbs
  • knjantz
    knjantz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i used it- some people said they crapped their pants but i never had any problems like that. the biggest thing is it makes you get rid of extra fat/grease so just watching your intake of that should stop the poopy pants problem. i didnt see any results from it though so i stopped using it. its the otc version of meridia so if you ever used that and had results you would love it
  • JulieThielen
    JulieThielen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started taking it two weeks ago. I am not having extreme side effects. While things are a little "looser" I am doing very well. I have lost about six pounds so far. I just watch my fat intake according to the alli site I should have 60 grams of fat a day or 19 grams per meal. So that I don't suffer the side effects I actually try to have 16 grams per meal.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I've only used the Acai berry and Cleanse before but never had too many side effects. I can't take too harsh of supplements because I get jittery and a crazy caffeine buzz from it then crash. I heard from recent people while on Alli you get some sort of orange leakage which is basically the fat that you intake.. is that right?
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options

I am not a person that can take a pill daily

That rules out birth control and any pills you might have to be on as time goes by. I have to take 4 pills every day, but I'll never try Alli because it is so expensive.

Also, SallyWilson06, may I just say that although your "fat"
    picture is just a head shot, I find it hard to hard to believe you need to lose 50 lbs. I bet in 30 you will be super happy with how you look.
  • Babzl1957
    Babzl1957 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    hi, I took this for about 6 months. Over here the doctor can give you the alli at 120mg strength and it goes under the names of "ORLISTAT" or "XENICAL". Basically if you overeat on the fat in food you will pass it through. It teaches you what you can and can't eat where fats are concerned. I lost 3stone in 6 months and yes you do get loose orange coloured stools but its nothing you can't get used too. The worse side affect for me was silent smelly farts lol!. For every 2lb you loose the alli can take off another lb. I have started using it again in the last two days as I want quick positive results. Just make sure if your'e gonna have a curry or fish and chips that you are near a loo! lol.xx....:)
  • Babzl1957
    Babzl1957 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ps. you need to take the pills 3 times a day with food. xx:flowerforyou:
  • sallywilson06
    Options

I am not a person that can take a pill daily

That rules out birth control and any pills you might have to be on as time goes by. I have to take 4 pills every day, but I'll never try Alli because it is so expensive.

Also, SallyWilson06, may I just say that although your "fat"
    picture is just a head shot, I find it hard to hard to believe you need to lose 50 lbs. I bet in 30 you will be super happy with how you look.

I have never been on birth control due to blood clots my doctor will not let me take it. My "fat picture" is just one that I uploaded, I don't really have that many pictures of myself so I just used this one. I am currently around 191-193 depending on which day of the week it is. I want to get into the 140's-130's to be healthier.
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    I've mostly heard negative things about it, so I was never tempted to try it. It looks like some people are finding it useful, though.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Here's what's ironic about it. You NEED to supplement with vitamins and fat since it also absorbs those and will expel them. So you have to eat fat (since it's essential) and because this pill gets rid of it..................................
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    FYI, no pill works in the long run. Most bodies don't like to lose fat at a fast rate. The reason is because when you hit your goal and do maintenance, then your body thinks it still needs to save the same amount of fat and a person usually ends up "doubling" the fat when they eat normally. In other words your body is going to want to gain weight back to what it was because it thinks it needs too. Exercise and slowly changing from losing to maintenance is the only proven method. The real goal, after losing weight, is keeping it off. Alot of people find they gain their weight again if they aren't paying attention to their bodies afterwards, which is easy to do after all the hard work. It is important talk to a doctor before trying anything including diets or pills.
  • sallywilson06
    Options
    I plan on doing it the old fashioned way, Eating right and working out.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Being told there is a possibility of anal leakage that 'looks like pizza grease'...Kind of puts me off. I don't care if it gives me perky ta-tas, a brand new Benz and washboard abs. If I have to wear a pantiliner because my tookus leaks sporadically... Im not gonna feel attractive, regardless.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    i used it- some people said they crapped their pants but i never had any problems like that. the biggest thing is it makes you get rid of extra fat/grease so just watching your intake of that should stop the poopy pants problem. i didnt see any results from it though so i stopped using it. its the otc version of meridia so if you ever used that and had results you would love it

I tried Alli and it gave me greasy gas... it was totally gross and since I'm a teacher, it would have been embarassing to soil my pants like that.

I'm really curious about the OTC meridia. I've never heard of it. Where did you get it and what is it like?

Shannon
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Here's what's ironic about it. You NEED to supplement with vitamins and fat since it also absorbs those and will expel them. So you have to eat fat (since it's essential) and because this pill gets rid of it..................................

^ This does not sound like a good situation to be in.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    i used it- some people said they crapped their pants but i never had any problems like that. the biggest thing is it makes you get rid of extra fat/grease so just watching your intake of that should stop the poopy pants problem. i didnt see any results from it though so i stopped using it. :noway: its the otc version of meridia:noway: so if you ever used that and had results you would love it

ABSOLUTELY NOT! This drug is not the OTC version of meridia. Meridia is a stimulant agent that was withdrawn from the market:grumble: .