C25K Question

Options
I've been doing the C25K for a few weeks now, but I'm stuck on Week 3 and can’t seem to get to Week 4. I've tried to do Day 1 in Week 4 a few times but get side cramps and feel nauseous during the 2nd run. I usually do it in the morning about 30 minutes after breakfast, could this be the cause? Any suggestions would be welcome?

Replies

• bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have to usually wait at least 45-60 mins after I eat to run or do high intensity workouts.
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    I just think that's your body's way of telling you to keep working on week 3. It took me many more than 9 weeks to complete it, because I just wasn't ready to move on. Now I'm on the "freeway to 10k" program and I think back to how hard c25k seemed at times. Just listen to your body and it'll do what's best for you. It'll definitely get easier as you go! Great job so far in getting your running legs!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    It very well could be the fact that you eat then run. I know when I was doing C25K I always waited atleast 45 mins before running after dinner (I did mine at night). It is ok to stay at one week for a while. Also, you could try some side stretches before running - I would get side stitches too when I ran. Stretch out your muscles beforehand.
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I had a heck of a time with day one of week 4, so I took a few days to do other cardio and strength training things then day 2 didn't see so bad and day 3 was a breeze. I also slowed down my jogging and increased my speed walking and that reall did the trick. Just stick with it. I hate running and I am getting better slowly. Key I think, is to not push too hard. If you thinking eating right before is not helping, maybe try a quick snack and then eat afterwards.
  • deshaneman
    Options
    Never workout on a full stomach, your body is working to digest and trying to workout. I learned my lesson during football camp, it is better top be hungry than sick. I eat directly after I work out. I do crossfit from 6-7 AM.
  • kir911
    kir911 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I would definately suggest waiting 60 min after eating before you run. and be cautious of what you are eating too. I eat oatmeal with flax and fruit in it and have a scoop of protein or a greek yogurt. and water...make sure you drink 8 oz at least an hr before.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I also slowed down my jogging and increased my speed walking and that really did the trick

This is good advice. I'd definitely also not eat that soon before the run. Put the two together and you should be back on track!