Options
I just joined yesterday and am looking forward to losing weight. I am looking to lose 50 pounds.

Anyone have any tips for me?

Replies

• rls07
    rls07 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just joined yesterday and am looking forward to losing weight. I am looking to lose 50 pounds.

Anyone have any tips for me?
  • mischievousb
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too (well, I joined a few weeks ago).. good luck! I don't have any advice (I'm still trying to figure out what works, and how to get what doesn't work to balance out somehow)..
    Again, Good luck!
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this! And MFP is a wonderful place to start and to find a support system! Best advice is to be completely honest with yourself... because if you cheat, you're only cheating yourself out of success! Browse the forums for a while and meet some wonderful "losers!"

Best of luck!
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Welcome to MFP

My advice is to be honest with yourself about everything you eat and how you work out. We all have good days and bad days but it's what we do after those days that really makes the difference. It will be hard in the beginning so don't give up.

Read lables and find ways to make your favorite receipes healthier.

Last but not least, this is a way of life not a temporary diet.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • faithbug
    faithbug Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, I have also just started my weight loss journey and wish you the best of luck with yours!
  • chacesmom
    Options
    179024.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

good luck to all you guys
  • shannan74
    shannan74 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My advise is to be active everyday. Log in every morsel of food you put into your mouth. If you can only do 20 minutes of walking or 2 hours of cardio, do something. When you start to plop down on that couch. Don't , move around first then plop!