Strength Training Tracking

Options
Hi folks! I'm wondering if any of you have found an easy way to track weight training progress. The strength training diary on here is not very good (unless I'm totally missing something). I'd like to be able to track weight and reps for each set track my strength improvement over time for various exercises. I'd also like to be able to enter what I'm doing via my droid while I'm at the gym rather than entering it later. Let me know if you guys have any success with a tool that you are using.

Thanks!

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just use a small notebook and pen. :flowerforyou:
  • shirleymae19
    Options
    same here! I would like to know how to enter in my exercises. It does not give you a correct number of calories you burn either.
  • ihavebeenherkind
    ihavebeenherkind Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was considering just going old school anyway, but it would be fun to have a program that made some sort of charts. I love charts!:glasses:
  • kittycarson
    Options
    Got a feeling you are in your element here on MFP....with the tracking food/calories and all? You are not alone!!!
  • ihavebeenherkind
    Options
    FYI - shirleymae - I just figured out how to get the calories for your strength training. When you are entering items, rather than recording the details of each exercise in the strength training section, look up "weight training" in the cardio section and you can enter it there and it will calculate your calories.
  • ihavebeenherkind
    Options
    I found a site that I like. You can create your own routines, it times your rests and will graph your improvement over time.

www. jefit.com