30DS question - real quick

Options
I am doing 30DS on my OnDemand. today is day 2.

I've seen on here that they say start with 3 lb weights, and do 6 days on 1 day off. They said that that's mentioned in the beginning of the video. I've watched it twice and didn't see this.

I'm wondering if there's an introduction that OnDemand doesn't have? It basically starts with Jillyn walking in saying " I hope you know who I am... these are my girls... watch this one for beginners, and this one for advanced"... something like that.

Am I missing something? Want to know if there is anything else important. Cause if I get a day off, I'm TAKING it! But I was under the impression that it's 30 days straight.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I think that's the beginning. You're not missing anything.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    No this is not on this video, no intro.... There is an intro like this on the ripped in 30 dvd so someone might have confused the two.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD and I never saw that either. I always wondered how it was supposed to work (as far as rest days, etc). I ended up doing it for 30 days straight, but if I ever did it again, I would do the 6 days with 1 rest day because it can be a little hard on your knees.
  • mrsfoose
    Options
    There is an intro. I own the dvd, probably because I hate myself, and she does talk at length before the first workout. Honestly I sort of tune it out. If you want to see the intro speech you can go on exercise tv's website and see the first workout in it's entirety. There is also a formal workout plan for her dvd on there.
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I have the dvd and I've never heard it say to do 6 days and take 1 off. You can do it however you want, whatever works best for you. I did it M-F and the C25K M,W,S and took Sunday off. If you need a day off take it, your body may need a recovery day.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't do it 30 days straight. even professional athletes take a day or two off a week. however a rest or recovery day can include such light or low impact work outs such as yoga, swimming, and cycling.
  • SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    There IS a different "other" beginning on the DVD. Where there is an introduction BEFORE You click on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Routine where she mentions the weights and eating plan etc...
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't do it 30 days straight. even professional athletes take a day or two off a week. however a rest or recovery day can include such light or low impact work outs such as yoga, swimming, and cycling.

I have to disagree here. Yes, athletes do take a day off. However, you are comparing something major to a 20 minute workout. I dont' think you can use the same theory.
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD and she does not mention the weight of the weights or taking a rest day - she only talks about moving through the levels etc. I have seen many people mention the weight thing so can only assume they are referring to another of her dvd's by mistake - plus, the weights you see them using in the video don't look like they are over 3lbs to me...
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

I have to disagree here. Yes, athletes do take a day off. However, you are comparing something major to a 20 minute workout. I dont' think you can use the same theory.

for an over weight person beginning training, 20-30 minutes of a work out can be very tough, and be stressful on joints and muscles.

i'm a budding triathlete, and learning that doing 5-6 intense work outs a week is much more doable if i have 1-2 rest days. i even spike my calories on a rest day, and i do a huuuuuge burn the next day, such as a bike ride followed by a run.