Black Bean Brownies!!

Options
MsBaby117
MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
I know...I know...Sounds NASTY right? But they are actually very delicious!! They are very dense (almost a fudge like consistency), super moist, good for you (good fiber from the beans), low calories, low sodium, super easy to make and most importantly DELICIOUS!!

BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
1 box low-fat brownie mix (choose your favorite)
1 15 ounce can black beans
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Instructions:
Pour the black beans into a strainer, and rinse them well. Put the beans back in the can and add enough water to cover beans. Put the beans into a food processor and make a black bean puree (they will turn a grayish, brown color and you should only be able to see flecks of the beans). Add plain brownie box mix to black bean puree and stir until combined and smooth. Add your nuts now if desired, or sprinkle them on top before cooking. Pour into lightly oiled baking pan. Bake brownies according to package directions. I find I usually need to add a bit more cooking time. Just cook them until you can insert a toothpick or knife into the center of the brownies and it comes out clean.

Replies

• hoop77
    hoop77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    might have to try these.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I've made these many many times. they are delish -- i do mine minus the nuts.

You can also do something similar with a box of yellow cake mix, and a can of crushed pineapple -- mix and bake as usual -- delish!!
  • Gypsymorph51
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Do you have the nutritional info ?
    Bumpity-Bump :smile:
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I will have to try this.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    yummity bump!

• tinkerbella01
    Options
    Sounds yummy...gonna have to try it!
  • MsBaby117
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Do you have the nutritional info ?
    Bumpity-Bump :smile:

It depends on which brownie mix you choose...
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Bump, they have been talking about the brownies at WW's. I am a little afraid to make them because brownies are a weak point for me. I never make them because I eat 90% of the batch!
  • JustCallMeLynn
    Options
    I wonder how the brownies would taste if you added a can of pumpkin instead of black beans? The thought of bbeans does not sound good to me. Just curious.
  • MsBaby117
    Options
    Bump, they have been talking about the brownies at WW's. I am a little afraid to make them because brownies are a weak point for me. I never make them because I eat 90% of the batch!

That's where I got the recipe!! Trust me they are way more dense than a regular brownie...you will be satisfied with one. They are yummy!!
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    LOL, my thoughts exactly!!!!
  • MsBaby117
    Options
    I wonder how the brownies would taste if you added a can of pumpkin instead of black beans? The thought of bbeans does not sound good to me. Just curious.

I was afraid of the black beans too because I don't care for beans but you don't even taste the beans. All you taste is delicious chocolate!! :happy:
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I am so going to try these!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • michelle_vankat
    Options
    bump
  • SraM562
    SraM562 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • sassyntat2ed
    Options
    thanks for posting this!!!
  • JustCallMeLynn
    Options
    Update: I took a package of No Pudge brownies (original flavor) and a can of pumpkin. I mixed them together and did not add or do anything else. I cooked it for about 30 min.

They turned out OK. They're very dense but the taste is good.

Side note: Do not over cook! My dog decided to get out of the fence when I had 7 min left on the timer for the brownies. By the time I got the dog back in the yard the brownies had over cooked by a few minutes. Not burned but close.
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    GOing to have to try this out!
  • Carcarmat
    Carcarmat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks