Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Movies you thought you'd never like...

2»

Replies

• chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    The Hangover 1 & 2
    Star Wars
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    How about movies I thought I'd love and absolutely hated instead? Like Breakfast at Tiffany's....that was a snoozefest, guess I missed the hype.

Back to the topic...

I thought I'd hate Twilight but I can tolerate it at the very least so that's something. Also I originally thought the latest Bale series of Batman was going to be yet another failed attempt to bring back the superhero movie but I was wrong. I think it's the best attempt yet.

What?!?! Breakfast at Tiffany's is AWESOME! Next you're going to say you didn't like "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"! Yeesh.

As a rule, I avoid over-hyped popular movies (The one exception is Harry Potter), and I stick to classics, independents, or foreign. I'm very rarely let down. Yes, I'm a movie snob.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    I tried really hard to hate Avatar but I'm too much of a hippie not to like that story.
  • mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    Fast Five. I absolutely love Vin Diesel in Fast & Furious, but all the other movies after that one just really sucked. I thought for sure Fast Five would as well. I was wrong. There were parts of it that were rather stupid, but I actually enjoyed it. Not really loved, but did enjoy.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    I don't know why, but I put off seeing Inception until this past weekend. I guess I felt like I was being a rebel not watching it with all the hype about it when it came out. I LOVED it but I was also very intimidated to go to sleep that night...
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    I am a HUGE movie lover..but i just couldn't get interested in Lord of the Rings...until my husband made me watch them. I enjoyed them, although I still didn't love them.

And the new Nightmare on Elm Street. I really thought that it was going to suck bad since Robert Englund wasn't in it, but i loved it.

And finally, I have to say (since my all-time fave movie is The Terminator) that I was really really excited to see Rise of the Machines, but that movie was so terrible I am sad to say I actually own it. So when they came out with number 4 I wasn't interested--AT ALL. but a friend rented it one night and I really enjoyed it.