Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Shopping for Jeans

mccrockl
mccrockl Posts: 55 Member
This weekend I went home to see my parents. My mom noticed that my size 18 jeans were hanging off of me and offered to buy me a couple of pairs of jeans the next size down. I told her I didn't think I was there yet, but we went anyway. They totally fit! I am in a size 16! I wasn't nearly as excited to be in a size 18 (down from a 22) because I have been in that size before as an adult. I got down to an 18 while living in France and back down while working on my Master's. I have not been in a size 16 in my adult life. The last time I was a size 16 I was a junior in high school!

Replies

• mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    Congrats!!!!!
  • jlm962
    jlm962 Posts: 64
    that is so exciting!!! congrats!
  • ju33
    ju33 Posts: 16 Member
    Yeahh well done you :) xxx you must feel fab xxxx
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    omg i just told this same story a couple days ago... congrats to you i also went from 22 to fitting in those 16s. i said i havent worn 16 since i was 16 so thats jr high.

High five :bigsmile:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    That is fantastic - what a great NSV. Congrats on the smaller size jean.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,343 Member
    awesome...that's the best feeling!!!
  • maryshack
    maryshack Posts: 35 Member
    Great job!
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    That's awesome, good for you!
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    That is EXACTLY where I'm at as well! Isn't it a wonderful feeling?! Congrats on the NSV! Keep up the fantastic work! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Fantastic!!! The excitement in the way you just told your story made me smile!! Hope mom got a big hug for those new jeans!!!
  • trishl2011
    trishl2011 Posts: 138 Member
    congrats!!:smile:
  • YEAH!!! And jeans are always a great predictor of "true" size change--bet you'd even lean toward a sz 14 in dresses!!! :) I hope you feel confident, rewarded, and SEXY(!) and take yourself and your cute new bottom out for a matching top!
  • mccrockl
    mccrockl Posts: 55 Member
    Yes she did get a big hug. I think she would have bought everything in the store. I had to keep putting things back so she wouldn't go crazy.
  • ygsandoval
    ygsandoval Posts: 30 Member
    Congratulations!! You are reaping the rewards of your hard work.
  • Tani316
    Tani316 Posts: 28
    Congrats, Lady! That is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    great work and it is a great feeling :)
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    WOOT!! I had this moment last week. Pulled out my "skinny girl clothes" from under the bed. Size 14 jeans up and over my bum. From a women's 18 to a misses 14... isn't is the best feeling!!?? So proud and happy for you!! =) It only is going to get better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!