Walkers/Runners, what do you use to hold your stuff?

Options
(While walking/running outside) I always like to have my cell and pepper spray just in case. A fanny pack seems like the best thing..but..its a fanny pack! I have small satchel that can cross over my body but it kinda flops around too much.

Replies

• SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner, but if walking I usually where a hoodie that has deep pockets for things like i-pod or cell phone
  • PaPenguin
    PaPenguin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Pockets!
  • kobzal
    kobzal Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like to get running shirts or pants that have pockets built into them. I do have a spibelt though, for when I have to carry a lot on my longer runs.
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Pockets!

Not many womens pants have pockets big enough to hold my cell or it is too close to falling out..plus it makes me look bulky lol
  • Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Fuel Belts....they have all different kinds..some with water bottles some without. I have 2 kinds. One for short races and runs that just has a pouch in the front and it also holds my race number and then I have one that has 2 waterbottles on it for my longer races/runs.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I keep my phone in an arm band, since it's how I listen to music, too. I don't carry pepper spray, but I guess if you carry it, you should carry it in your hand, ready to use.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I use a little pouch that has a velcro strap that goes through your shoelaces. It can hold keys, or a small mace, and identification. I think it is made by Runner's World.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I safety pin a glove inside the waistband of my shorts - one of those stretchy knit gloves that look like they're made for 4-year-olds until you put them on. It stretches out to hold just about anything I need to put in it, within reason, and is snug enough to prevent bouncing. I hate having stuff bouncing around in my pockets while I run. The glove is an eccentric solution, I know, but it works.
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have a spibelt that I use on ALL runs/bikes, and for long runs I also have my fuel belt. If it's a shorter run though I have the pocket that is on the water bottle that I carry in my hand.

With the weather turning right now I also have pockets in my vest (high visibility thank you very much) but I don't actually like running with too much in them, it throws me off somehow.

S
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This is probably bad but I don't bring any stuff with me when I run. Just a key strung on my shoelace to get me back into the car/house.
  • manda127
    manda127 Posts: 145
    Options
    I safety pin a glove inside the waistband of my shorts - one of those stretchy knit gloves that look like they're made for 4-year-olds until you put them on. It stretches out to hold just about anything I need to put in it, within reason, and is snug enough to prevent bouncing. I hate having stuff bouncing around in my pockets while I run. The glove is an eccentric solution, I know, but it works.

That's genious!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I use pockets for the most part. My handheld water bottle has storage pocket as well. I like to run with as few extra things as possible.

These really small fanny pack things are popular: http://store.spibelt.com/category-s/2.htm
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I keep my phone in an arm band, since it's how I listen to music, too. I don't carry pepper spray, but I guess if you carry it, you should carry it in your hand, ready to use.

same here and i agree- pepper spray in hand if i were to carry it
  • violon
    violon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love my Spibelt -- spibelt.com. I hardly notice I'm wearing it and it stretches to hold a LOT of stuff.
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ooh, ty, those spibelts are cute!
  • wackynunu
    wackynunu Posts: 103
    Options

That's genious!

I am doing this! LOVE IT!!!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    my hands.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I bought a wristband with a little pocket in it, it's just for my car key but if your pepper spray is little enough it might fit into something small like that.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I carry keys and my phone with me - for my phone I wear an armband and for my keys I've sewn a keyring into the inside of my running shorts and a pocket of material underneath it, then I have a D-Clip on my keys which I clip onto the keyring and pop in the pocket - so it stops it from potentially bouncing out of my pocket (paranoid) jiggling and rubbing.

I think I'm going to source a Spibelt though!
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I like to take the phone, keys and camera with me. Up until now, pockets have been enough, but now that its getting warmer I want to be able to take the jacket off, and not all of my lighter pants have pockets :| I was trying to find a smallish backpack to stuff everything into, plus a decent size bottle of water, and maybe a snack if I am out bush. I think a fanny pack would annoy me, and I'd still have to carry water. I've put a bid on a compartmented camera back pack which I think will suit me.