Over on sugar

Options
Is it normal to be over on sugar and crave it? I don't really know if i crave it, but it's more like i get a headache if I do not eat something with sugar in it. I'm guessing I would have to go to the doctor for that, but I was just wondering what yall think.
Thanks

Replies

• ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    It is very normal to go over on sugar, just try to make it from fruit not ice cream, but how you spend your calories is up to you. I constantly crave sugar, not sure why, but I drink light chocolate soy milk and it helps a lot. I love it!
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    as you eat less you'll crave it less. and the headaches will subside too. it's like cutting out caffeine. you're body just has to adjust.
  • Legalchica
    Options
    are you getting enough sleep? you body craves sugar when your tired...
  • jlm962
    jlm962 Posts: 64
    Options
    If you are used to having too much sugar, you can actually have withdrawl symptoms for not eating as much of it. You can google sugar addiction. I believe it! If you want something sugary really try to reach for a piece of fruit instead. I don't pay attention to sugar intake related to fruit. Sugar in fruit is a natural sugar vs. processed sugar.
  • LeanMeanJeanne
    LeanMeanJeanne Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Seems like sugar is a bit of an addiction for me.... It's a vicious cycle. You crave it, you give into the craving and as soon as the "high" is over you bottom out and crave it even more fiercely. It's a balancing act to keep your blood sugar steady throughout the day to avoid those binges. Healthy sugars are the key for me.... Fruit, agave nectar, honey, and stay away from the chemical sweeteners, those will make you crave the sweets even worse. Good luck!!

Oh, and ps..... ignore the 2 snickers minis I just ate an hour ago. I can preach nutrition but even I am powerless to hormonal cravings. :o)
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    are you getting enough sleep? you body craves sugar when your tired...
    I get 8 hours of sleep a night, so I know that's not the problem, but i did read if you are craving sugar you may have something wrong with your blood sugar, so i don't know
  • emaline614
    emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am going over on sugar often as well. It's better to be going over on natural sugars (fruits,ect) than it is if it's processed (ice cream/cookies ect). Don't stress too much though. I think that if you're still doing well w/ your calorie count, going over a bit on sugar won't hurt you. :)
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks guys. I do get most of my sugar from fruits. I do not eat anything processed, so hopefully it will subside lol
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    are you getting enough sleep? you body craves sugar when you're tired...

I know mine does!!!