Double Jogging Strollers

Options
I'm looking for some stroller advice. I went for a walk this morning with my 16 month old and 3 year old, and about 10 minutes into it my 3 year old (who was walking with me) started saying he was so tired he couldn't go on. At about the 15 minute mark he tried to climb into the basket under the stroller!

I've decided if I want to take longer walks I probably need a double jogging stroller. I have a couple of questions though:

If just the 16 month old (~23lbs) is in it, will it be difficult to manuever because it is out of balance?

Is there a significant difference between a front with 1 wheel or 2 wheels?

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I don't have experience with a double jogging stroller, but for the question about 1 wheel or 2, I don't think it will matter too much for walking, but having only 1 wheel in front would probably be better if you were going to jog with it.
  • chrikoko12202007
    Options
    id like to know this for future reference so... *bump*
  • cassyparker
    Options
    I just got one for my 4 month old and 2 and a half year old and its amazing! Its one of the side by side with three tires and it has the option to just stick one child in the center or have both children in :) Very very good investment! And if you look hard you can find them second hand in pretty good shape, I bought mine off of my local buy and sell for $200.00
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I had a side by side stroller. It was good when they were smaller, but as my daughter grew, it became way too side heavy. And yes it did tip over a few times (because she was being stupid and not sitting still)

with their ages, I wouldn't get a side by side stroller, You'd be better off with one with the ones that are one in front of the other. like phil & teds or mountain buggy.

alternatively get one of those bikes that has a carrage for both of them to sit in.
  • ljedmom
    ljedmom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Mine is a triple, so a little different, but if you are ever going to want to run, you want one wheel if possible. It makes turning corners easier, though it's not impossible with two. Also, it's really nice to have the swivel/locked wheel option. My kids are 5 mos, 2, and 4...when the older two want to get out, it is still easy for me to push just the baby (who sits on one of the sides). BOBs are GREAT if you have the cash, mine is a BabyJogger. I got it off of craigslist. If you live near even a semi-big city, jogging strollers will be easy to find that way. Also, if you can't find the options I mentioned on a stroller you can afford, mine has two front wheels and obviously no swivel option and I both walk and jog with it without too much hassle...they just make it smoother :) Hope this helps!!
  • gudnygu
    Options
    I love my Phil and Teds Vibe it´s so easy to turn and the kids feel comfi!!
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    I'm interested! Bump! I have been stalking craigslist for a few months but I can't see any listed that take over 50 lbs. Son is 33 daughter is 26 :/