Let's Try It Again.

Options
Hey everyone :)
So I just joined MFP literally last night.. lol because I need a little bit of help/motivation.
Enough was enough for me when I weighed myself on the Wii Fit board - and it said 193lbs. That is my heaviest! I couldn't believe it, at all.
I was fitting into a size 16 dress. I was not happy.
So I decided to take the liberty of losing this weight !
And I was off to a great start. I did portion control, I hit the treadmill on the days when I wasn't doing Kettleworx 3 times a week.
And I had lost 13lbs! This past Easter, I wore a size 12 dress, which I haven't worn since 7th grade. Amazing :)
BUT THEN, Summer arrived. And then! I developed a kidney stone, I was in a lot of pain, and I gained 8 pounds back.
I'm currently in college, and its tough to eat the right things. But I'm going to do it.
I'm 18 years old, 5'5 and 188lbs, and I would like to lose 40 pounds, at 148lbs. My mom thinks its too skinny, but I think it will be just fine!
I'm going to hit the gym, start Kettleworx again, and now that I'm recording everything I'm eating, i think it will really help me.

-Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Logging calories really helps. I think I will do it forever. Welcome and good luck.:smile:
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    Thank you so much ! I'm really excited about this :)
  • GT_Ginger
    Options
    You're on the right track, I'm sure you'll do great. It's definatley great motivation being here.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm in college as well... it can be tough to eat healthy but believe me, it is totally possible! Way to take control of your life back... I know you will be successful! If you ever need any support or advice or just want to vent feel free to message and friend me. It's so much easier when you have a support system :)
    Best of luck- You can do this!!
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    you can do it. what ever you do...keep recording. it will keep you in check. good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :)
    So I just joined MFP literally last night.. lol because I need a little bit of help/motivation.
    Enough was enough for me when I weighed myself on the Wii Fit board - and it said 193lbs. That is my heaviest! I couldn't believe it, at all.
    I was fitting into a size 16 dress. I was not happy.
    So I decided to take the liberty of losing this weight !
    And I was off to a great start. I did portion control, I hit the treadmill on the days when I wasn't doing Kettleworx 3 times a week.
    And I had lost 13lbs! This past Easter, I wore a size 12 dress, which I haven't worn since 7th grade. Amazing :)
    BUT THEN, Summer arrived. And then! I developed a kidney stone, I was in a lot of pain, and I gained 8 pounds back.
    I'm currently in college, and its tough to eat the right things. But I'm going to do it.
    I'm 18 years old, 5'5 and 188lbs, and I would like to lose 40 pounds, at 148lbs. My mom thinks its too skinny, but I think it will be just fine!
    I'm going to hit the gym, start Kettleworx again, and now that I'm recording everything I'm eating, i think it will really help me.

-Thanks for reading :)
    Welcome to the site!
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone - I'm excited to get this weight off ONCE AND FOR ALL, and to keep it off! I cannot wait to have a success story like everyone else here.