NSV- the bad news is my suits don't fit. The good news is my

Options
I sometimes wear a suit in my line of work. I have a dozen of them in my closet, and in the last few years I've been limited to wearing 2 or 3 of them because the rest were too small. Lately, the biggest suits have gotten so loose as to look sloppy. Today I tried the other 9 (smaller) suits on and found that 6 of them are now too big as well. :bigsmile:

Luckily, my tailor will alter them for life at no charge.

Replies

• Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • CampbellHendry
    CampbellHendry Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well done :D I'm treating myself to a nice tailored suit when i hit 154lbs :D
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Fabulous. Yes the biggest pain about losing weight is the clothes factor. Thankfully your tailor will help.
  • yay! That's one good tailor!
  • loverachel18
    Options
    awesome! :smile:
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome. Congrats on the NSV!
  • ceyuh
    ceyuh Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone....I think I'm going to wait before I have them taken in, however. I've come to the realization that my goal weight of 240 needs a little tweaking...240 at 47 years old is not quite the same as it was at 35 years old. I think I have to adjust my goal down another 20 pounds. My wife says that I have to be careful though because I'm naturally a big guy, and I'm quite wide at the shoulders. She thinks I may start to look drawn at that weight. We'll see.
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    good job.
  • KarenBlanchard
    Options
    Awesome! Great Job!
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am happy that you NEED the tailor! Congratulations!
  • ceyuh
    Options
    I am happy that you NEED the tailor! Congratulations!

Me too :bigsmile:
  • anthonywaters
    anthonywaters Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have a number of suits that I haven't really need to wear since January. Imagine my surprise when I went to try one on for the Navy Ball. The pants were just too large. I couldn;t take my jacket off all day. Luckily, I had another suit I coudl wear for a wedding the follwoing week. Surprisingly the suit that fit was one that I don't even remember buying :).

Good job on the slim down.
  • ceyuh
    Options
    So, an update. I drove the two hours to the tailor to try on the newly altered suits. On the first one, the waist on the pants was perfect, the jacket, too. Funny thing though, the pants were now 2 inches TOO SHORT. I came out of the dressing room and said "I think we have a problem". As it turns out, they had to take the crotch in so much that the cuffs were lifted to my ankles.

"No problem, we can fix that". A few more pins here and there, and on to the next one. 4 of 6 needed to have the legs lengthened. On one of the jackets, they actually had to re-cut it because the amount of "take in" was too much to just pull in the seams and deepen the arm holes. They even had to move buttons. I left for a while and returned about 2 hours later, with 2 large pizzas in tow. The staff was very appreciative, (I abstained) and I love the way they look. NSV indeed.
  • kaybillie
    Options
    good for you!!!!
  • ShannaDBowser
    ShannaDBowser Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!