Hummus

Where do you get yours?
What isle do you find it on?

I recently went to Walmart and I couldn't find it anywhere. I even had someone else helping me. :(

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Sabra hummus is the BEST you will ever try :)
    I get it at my local grocer!
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    They generally have hummus everywhere! It is always in the dairy aisle. Sabra is pretty good but I prefer the brands from Trader Joe's or just making it myself.
  • LoveMyArmyMedic
    LoveMyArmyMedic Posts: 70 Member
    Homemade hummus or Sabra (I like the Roasted Garlic). I find Sabra at my local Walmart in the deli section (next to the cracker and cheese platters and specialty meats and cheese).
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    This is my favorite hummus recipe. Give it a day or two in the fridge and its amazing!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/jalapeno-hummus/detail.aspx
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Trader Joe's!
  • i make mine homemade.
    i just put a clove of garlic, a can of chick peas, some olive oil, i usually dont measure, just till it looks right but a couple tbs would do, some cumin (again a preference) and sometimes i put low fat sour cream!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,223 Member
    This is my favorite hummus recipe. Give it a day or two in the fridge and its amazing!

This sounds amazing!
  • Mynue_Jeens
    Mynue_Jeens Posts: 98 Member
    Homemade hummus or Sabra (I like the Roasted Garlic). I find Sabra at my local Walmart in the deli section (next to the cracker and cheese platters and specialty meats and cheese).
    This is where I find my hummus as well, or a similar section in Target, or the local grocery store.
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133

That sounds YUMMY!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Sabra hummus is the BEST you will ever try :)
    I get it at my local grocer!

I agree, I find mine in the deli section of our grocery store.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    I make my own.

Into the food processor with a can of drained chick peas, and a large tablespoon of tahini. Add a spoon of garlic to taste and a bit of lemon juice and then some salt, again to taste. I reserve the liquid from the chick peas and will drizzle some in slowly to thin the hummus if I find it too thick. Tastes best if you put the mixture into the fridge for a few hours before enjoying.

Plus, the cost is about 1/4 of that in the store. I can make a huge bowl of it for a buck or less.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    I want to make my own, but I want to try a store brand first. No point in me buying all the ingredients if I don't like it! Especially since we don't even use half the ingredients for anything we make.

I did check by the dairy/yogurt section.. I never went closer to the cheese! I'll check by there next time. :)
  • In my Walmart it is over next to the deli in the section where they put their potato salad, pizzas and sub sandwiches. Its close to the cream cheese too but that may not be the same in yours. I love hummus. Roasted red pepper and spinach and artichoke are great. I've never made it homemade but I should since I love it so much. I'll try it one of these days. Marketside was my favorite but now they don't have that, Sabra is a very good second choice.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Sabra Seriously Spicy. Just ask someone who works at the store you go to. I find mine in different sections at different stores
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Where do you get yours?
    What isle do you find it on?

I recently went to Walmart and I couldn't find it anywhere. I even had someone else helping me. :(

From my food processor and my garbanzo beans.
  • Mynue_Jeens
    Mynue_Jeens Posts: 98 Member
    Tahini is the one thing I can never find in my stores. I would love to make my own but w/o that ingredient it just doesn't taste very good (Trust me, I've tried lol)