excuses....

i was doing some thinking this morning and thought i would share, maybe it will turn someones struggle around...."food" for thought....

excuses. i know that the scale will be up tomorrow at least 2#s if not more. i started thinking of my week and they were all excuses. short review of the week. had allergic reation to something and eye one day, lip another day were swollen. had some busy days. had some bad side affects to new medications.

1) didn't eat right because i was to busy, not feeling well, etc........ just an excuse. no one forced me to eat this or that. i was the one who put my hand/fork/spoon to mouth. there was no reason why i couldn't have planed ahead. there was no reason why i couldn't have choosen better. there was no reason why i couldn't have done better. there are healthy choices in my house, for quick meals. there are healthy choices at fast food. cut cals by not eating the bun. order grilled chicken, no fries. it can all be done. I just didn't want to make the better choices. no one forced me it was MY choice.... i did stay within my calorie count the whole week. just the wrong foods eaten. it does make a diffence.

2) didn't exercise everyday because i didn't want ppl to see me with a swollen face, didn't feel well, etc......just an excuse. no one held me down from not walking the up and down the street outside my house. didn't have to walk fast, just walk. no one said i couldn't drive to a park and walk. no one was watching tv so i couldn't use one of the many dvds, wii, exercise on demand. no one is at the 24 hr gym so no one would have seen me anyway. i can tie my shoes, i can drive by myself. i just chose not to do these things. no ones fault, but my own.

so with the scale being up is caused by ME. not by not working the plan/site. i have to be honest with myself. they are just excuses. i know for me i must exercise to lose weight. i must eat the correct foods to lose weight. the empty calories don't do anything for your body.

i hope this helps someone else realize and think about things. we are responable for ourselfs. if there are no good choices than do the best you can do. that's all you can do, and move on. i have moved on. went to the gym yesterday had a great workout. have eaten well yesterday and today so far.

good luck to you in your changing your life for the better.

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    i was doing some thinking this morning and thought i would share, maybe it will turn someones struggle around...."food" for thought....

excuses. i know that the scale will be up tomorrow at least 2#s if not more. i started thinking of my week and they were all excuses. short review of the week. had allergic reation to something and eye one day, lip another day were swollen. had some busy days. had some bad side affects to new medications.

1) didn't eat right because i was to busy, not feeling well, etc........ just an excuse. no one forced me to eat this or that. i was the one who put my hand/fork/spoon to mouth. there was no reason why i couldn't have planed ahead. there was no reason why i couldn't have choosen better. there was no reason why i couldn't have done better. there are healthy choices in my house, for quick meals. there are healthy choices at fast food. cut cals by not eating the bun. order grilled chicken, no fries. it can all be done. I just didn't want to make the better choices. no one forced me it was MY choice.... i did stay within my calorie count the whole week. just the wrong foods eaten. it does make a diffence.

2) didn't exercise everyday because i didn't want ppl to see me with a swollen face, didn't feel well, etc......just an excuse. no one held me down from not walking the up and down the street outside my house. didn't have to walk fast, just walk. no one said i couldn't drive to a park and walk. no one was watching tv so i couldn't use one of the many dvds, wii, exercise on demand. no one is at the 24 hr gym so no one would have seen me anyway. i can tie my shoes, i can drive by myself. i just chose not to do these things. no ones fault, but my own.

so with the scale being up is caused by ME. not by not working the plan/site. i have to be honest with myself. they are just excuses. i know for me i must exercise to lose weight. i must eat the correct foods to lose weight. the empty calories don't do anything for your body.

i hope this helps someone else realize and think about things. we are responable for ourselfs. if there are no good choices than do the best you can do. that's all you can do, and move on. i have moved on. went to the gym yesterday had a great workout. have eaten well yesterday and today so far.

good luck to you in your changing your life for the better.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Very well stated! You go, girl!
  • pfeif21
    pfeif21 Posts: 27
    you couldnt be more right. i have been having trouble motivating myself and then eating right. instead of losing, ive gained! i make up excuses...my job is hard so at the end ofthe day im real tired... its someones birthday EVERY DAY... im sad... im in sweats! anything of the sort. today im kicking myself in the *kitten*... signing up for new classes later on at a new gym cuz mine doesnt have classes..and i preplanned. hopefully this will help motivate me long term because ive gone from needing to lose 10 lbs to needing to lose 16 lbs! and this makes me SO sad:( so if any of you have motivation for me.. do it uP!