Requiring motivation - HELP!!

Options
I seem to fall off of the band wagon alot with being healthy and getting fit. I think thats because I don't have anyone near me trying to do the same. So when I fall off the wagon, I fall hard. :sad:

I'm looking to lose around 20kgs :blushing: But honestly, I just want to feel fit and happy in my own skin again.
I've been using this app on and off. I realised that previously, when entering in food entries, I would lie because I was ashamed of what I had consumed. But that person is gone. This time I am more than serious. But I need help to stay on track. So if anyone needs encouragement help me and I'll help you!

Instead of looking at the total amount of weight I have to lose, I was thinking of setting mini goals. And then reward myself for reaching those goals within my desired period of time. I know it doesn't happen overnight (unfortunately!) but if you stick to it and if you don't get upset that you didnt have a big loss one week, that is no excuse to give up.
Now that I've typed that up I just have to believe it, don't I?

Please help me with my weight loss journey because I know if I do it alone, I will struggle. :brokenheart:

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    You can do it.
    Just keep at it.
    Check to see what people are doing and have them push you.
    Maybe even hang up an outfit that will motivate you.
    If you need more supporters, I am here everyday!
  • mscott63
    mscott63 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love the honesty you've shared. I too have fallen and gotten up again. I have the hardest time staying motivated. I always start off really good, but lose interest by day three. It's amazing how many irrational thoughts I can make rational...LOL. I have to stay focused on everything but the food, which makes it really hard. When I think of food, I want to eat. So I clean, walk, sleep....whatever it takes to stay within my calorie goal. Tonight Im in the bedroom with the laptop to keep myself distracted. I dont think there is a wrong way to do this. I will reply to your posts as often as I can. Just hang in there.
  • ajd241
    ajd241 Posts: 76
    Options
    Thanks you guys.
    That reassures me when I know you're going to encourage me a bit when I am lacking it!

Boehle - checking to see what people are doing and have them push you is a wonderful idea. If I'm lying on the couch at home reading peoples updates about exercise when I could be out exercising myself, that should give me motiviation!

Mscott63 - Sometimes I eat just for the sake of it, not even when I am hungry. I don't know why I do it but I do not like that person. I'll take up your idea of going for a walk or cleaning something so my time is occupied and my brain isnt thinking about food!
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It's GREAT to set "mini goals", in the past I have rewarded for every 5lbs. It doesn't seem like a lot, but it all adds up in the end. And it also doesn't seem "endless" or unatttainable. And it could NOT be food as a reward.